shape
carat
color
clarity

ANWAR is a go!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
What the hell is going on!

Opps sorry about the mispell!

ANWR-Arctic National Wildlife Refuge

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Environment smirerment. Those old farts won''t be around in 50 years when this world goes to sh*t so why should they care!

People in my office just erupted when that came through on the wires! So sad...

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
This administration is on a roll!
Oh God please make the next administration straighten out this crap out!

Oh, Amtrak may not get their funding and might not be able to continue service in certain parts of the country.

Where's the missing $8.8 Billion from the Iraq War money gone Mr. Paul Brenner?

Why was there a "gay male reporter prostitute" allowed to be apart of the White House Press Core with a fake name?

Did Tom Delay really shake down the Indian Tribes for money?

Oh lets not forget about the bankruptcy bill that was just past with a little lobbing from the credit card companies!

What a wonder world we live in!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
In my opinion, lobbiest are the reason that government doesn''t work.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Amen, sistahs. Amen.

On the same day that Wolfawitz (sp, I know) is nominated to head up the world bank.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I just can''t wait for that one day when I have enough money to retire to some tropical island and never have to worry about this stuff anymore! I see this stuff happen every day... I work for the freakin'' government! So sad...

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I forgot about Wolfowitz!
29.gif

There are some good lobbing groups but most are scum!

I've even considered moving to another county but I know in my heart I can't let them run me out of my own county.

What the hell is going on!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
errrrr i''m the clueless one (me and my school bubble!)... what happened??

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Icekid,

Everything is happening!
emcry.gif

The country is going to hell and a hand bag!

I

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
Actually if you do any research, you''ll find Anwar will provide plenty of oil for years and not, not hurt the environment.

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
thought better of it!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I actually think he has a great chance at American Idol (LOLOL...Anwar Robinson)
9.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Icelady: I am with you.. I didn''t know what it was either. It''s actually ANWR not ANWAR and has to do with the drilling of oil in Alaska.

Here''s a link:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/03/16/arctic.drilling.ap/index.html

I was afraid this would go through! Even with all of the research studies, I don''t see how there CAN''T be an effect on the enivornment.

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
I fully expect to see gas prices hit $3.00 a gallon this summer.

Drilling in ANWR becomes inevitable under those circumstances.

I'm enough of a conspiracy theorist to think that's what the recent increase in oil prices were all about.

OPEC threatening $80 per barrel of oil one week before ANWR comes up for a vote in congress. Some coincidence.

This country is being forced to decide - do we use our resources now or save them for future generations?

Anwr has a 1 in 20 chance of providing the US with 20 months of oil.

But if drilling isn't allowed there the right wingers will have all the ammunition they need to blame the high oil prices this summer on the "environmentalists"

Even now they inflate the amount of oil they think is in ANWR to huge pie in the sky estimates like - 20 years worth of oil.

It's entirely possible that we won't find any economically extractable oil there at all - just like the non existent weapons of mass destruction

I wouldn't consider buying any beachfront property on the Gulf of Mexico. Lifting the restrictions on drillng there is next.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
You can''t cry about our dependence on foreign oil and then cry about exploring new oil deposits in our country. I guess you CAN but you''d be a short-sighted moron.

I think drilling the the ANWR is an excellent idea. You''d be crazy to want to live and work up there on the barren tundra, but the pay would sure be good.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
The drilling will not be in a barren tundra -- that''s the main problem. It will be in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge -- a coastal plain. Lots of grass, animals, stuff...

We won''t see this oil for 10 years at least so we can bitch for at least that long about having to depend on other nations for fuel.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/16/2005 5:30:28 PM
Author: Rank Amateur
You''d be crazy to want to live and work up there on the barren tundra, but the pay would sure be good.

Tundra? Did somone say "tundra"? It''s a biome. And a biome has an ecosystem. And a snowy owl and a songbird live on the tundra. And two songbirds make something if they''re together. (Maybe more songbirds?) Just did this in seventh grade science. Yup. I know the tundra, all right. Iceland is an example of tundra.

Deb

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
I for one would love to see some accountability for the foreign policy blunders that antagonized Chavez in Venezuela - supplier of 17% of our oil supply.

Oh wait, the accountability moment is over. We don''t need to talk about the US backing that three day coup.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d rather depend on other nations for fuel than risk fouling the precious few relatively pristine environments we have left.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I am inclined to go with something Sen. Kerry proposed: changing the emissions standards and put money into energy saving ideas instead of drilling in a thriving ecosystem.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Of course.
20.gif
Why don''t we just drill the entire Alaska? Who cares if all the animals die. They''ll eventually die anyway.

lizzyd

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/16/2005 4:57:20 PM
Author: Momoftwo
Actually if you do any research, you'll find Anwar will provide plenty of oil for years and not, not hurt the environment.

That’s a matter of serious debate. The Republicans say it will cause no harm and give us 20 years of oil. The Democrats say it will destroy a vast arctic ecosystem that could never be brought back to life. I'm sure the truth is somewhere in between.

But just for fun, let’s pretend the Republicans are right. It would only hold true until some human committed the inevitable error (i.e. Exxon Valdiz, Bophal India, Three Mile Island, Chernobyl). Is it worth the risk?

Sooner or later, one way or the other, we will suck this world dry of its fossil fuels. This way, it’s just going to happen sooner.

Perhaps instead of spending over $200 BILLION (and counting) on a completely unnecessary war, we could have invested in alternative energy research. Then perhaps we wouldn’t need the oil.

As for drilling becoming necessary in the ANWR because gas may hit $3 per gallon this summer in the US, Europeans and others around the world have been living with gas prices 2x, 3x and sometimes 4x the price of gas in the U.S.

Is it any wonder that such fabulous, small, economical, eco-friendly and gas-conserving automobiles are generally created in other countries? Those countries may be in much better shape than we will when the last drop falls from the pump. Unless of course we then decide to invade another soveriegn nation in order to "liberate" them from their non-gasoline dependent cars
10.gif

Cheers,
LizzyD

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2005 4:37:42 PM
Author: lmurden
Icekid,

The country is going to hell and a hand bag!

I

Yours too huh?
23.gif

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/16/2005 5:57
6.gif
4 PM
Author: ForteKitty
Of course.
20.gif
Why don''t we just drill the entire Alaska? Who cares if all the animals die. They''ll eventually die anyway.

Yes! Yes! Kill all the animals in all of Alaska!

Excellent!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Why don''t we bomb the Middle East as well? Even more gas!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2005 5
6.gif
3:18 PM
Author: moremoremore
I actually think he has a great chance at American Idol (LOLOL...Anwar Robinson)
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t want to take their gas. It''s our gas I''m after. See?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Gas is gas, who cares where it comes from. We think we own everything anyway.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone realize how VAST a country this is? TONS of untouched land. Stand on the mountains of NC & you will see nothing forever.

Anyway, why do I find it odd to see a John Kerry sticker on a Hummer (true enough)?

Ban gas guzzeling SUVs!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results