shape
carat
color
clarity

Antwerp's diamond stores

mark0s

Rough_Rock
I am planning a trip to Holland for some days and also a daytrip to Antwerp. Has anyone experience from buying diamonds there to suggest me some places with big Inventory available ? I would like to purchase an engagement ring but i focus 100% on finding an ideal cut stone around 0.8ct . I have made a lot of research and i know what proportions to look for and i would have also an ags aset scope to check furthermore the stones . I wouldn't bother to purchase from online reputable vendors like whiteflash , briand gavin, james allen , blue nike but since i live in europe making a purchase of assuming 3k i would have to pay huge amount to custom taxes and this is the reason i am thinking to have a look on Antwerp's physical stores . So what are you thinking?

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome @mark0s! Having to buy an engagement ring on a day trip sounds challenging.

What proportions do you consider ideal? Definitely practice using your ASET scope with other loose stones before your day trip. You'll be using it in the stores, so figure out how you're going to get your backlight. You will be limited to the selection that they offer.

Several months ago (I think) a European PSer wrote about using 77diamonds.com. I think they were able to source diamonds which the PSer saw on other sites, but someone here will have to correct me if I'm wrong.

How exciting for you! Congrats on your upcoming proposal!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you actually checked with the US vendors to see how much tax you would have to pay?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS.

I am in UK and went to Diamond House, Antwerp to purchase my 1.19ct E VS1 EC nearly 20 years ago.

I believe I found them via browsing PS before I joined the board as a member.

I contacted them, provided them with an idea of what I was looking for (an EC) and a budget of how much I was planning to spend; and Rob van Beurden brought in 3 ECs for me to view in their Antwerp office (their London office was a later addition). He was very helpful, and so was his assistant who helped with finalising the sale and paperwork etc...

A few years ago, I thought about recutting/resetting my mum's 1.9ct+ MRB and went to their London office to have a chat with Céline, and she was very helpful in giving the diamond a quick assessment.

I would recommend them to anyone looking to source diamonds in UK and Europe, especially if they wish to have the option to choose for themselves in person.

DK :))

mark0s

Rough_Rock
I target to fall within following proportions:
Table 54-57%
Depth 60-62%
Crown depth ~15%
Crown angle 34-35
Pavillion angle 40.5-41
Girdle 3-3.5%
Lower halves 75-80%
Star facets 50-55%

Clarity above vs2
Carat 0.76-0.98
Colour above H

From my personal preference i lean towards a more firey look .

I haven't checked any usa vendor for the taxes yet , but from what i know the custom tax for my country is around 20% extra in the final value of the item .

I checked "77diamonds" and also "Diamond House" and seem good spots to have in mind .

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I target to fall within following proportions:
Table 54-57%
Depth 60-62%
Crown depth ~15%
Crown angle 34-35
Pavillion angle 40.5-41
Girdle 3-3.5%
Lower halves 75-80%
Star facets 50-55%

Clarity above vs2
Carat 0.76-0.98
Colour above H

From my personal preference i lean towards a more firey look .

I haven't checked any usa vendor for the taxes yet , but from what i know the custom tax for my country is around 20% extra in the final value of the item .

I checked "77diamonds" and also "Diamond House" and seem good spots to have in mind .

I'd even tighten it up more:
PA: 40.6-40.8
CA: 34-35
TW: 54-56
Stars: 45-50
LGF: 75-80%

Cut precision is crucial and needs to be assessed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results