shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique watch

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
i guess when a thread is too old you cant add to it anymore. there''s another thread with these i wanted to add to, but it didnt work. anyway, coatimundis watch turned out so beautifully, it made me want to whip mine out and take pics too, here it is, i should take some pics in daylight too. this will do for now. no idea how old or what the diamond weight is. i got it years ago.

isis31.jpg

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
its an omega, thats about all i know. i dont know why the face looks scratched in the pic, its really not like that...

isis32.jpg

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful!!!!!
30.gif
I''m looking down at my naked wrist envisioning an elegant antique watch. Gosh you girls are a bad influence!
27.gif

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
I had NO idea how much I needed an antique watch until I came upon Pricescope!
27.gif

Isis, that is beautiful-it looks lovely on your dainty wrist!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
This is an omega....One of my favorite watch brands.The oval face and the longated lugs encrusted with diamonds suggest a styling for dress watches for evening wear from the mid sixties through the very early seventies.During the mid-seventies the dress watch took on a whole new shape becoming chunky, geometric and bold in yellow or two-tone metals.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I would guess mid/late ''60s ish too. It certainly has that style. Very pretty watch!

I collect antique watches & it''s been great to see all the posts recently featuring them! You so rarely see them on anyone these days and I love them, they''re so much more delicate and pretty than today''s watches- personally, I tend to go for the ''20s/''40s ones; most of mine are ''30s. I have one from the ''60s, though yours is much prettier ;-)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo, it''s gorgeous, isis!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
emlove.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous watch
30.gif
! I love Omega watches, they are so well made. I have an antique watch that belonged to my grandmother, but it is in need of some work...I should get it out and snap some pictures as well!

March-8-2008

Shiny_Rock
Yup, count me in the "Want An Antique Watch" club.... they''re so delicate and tiny!

There is a seller on eBay whose listings I check regularly because they''re so darn educational: holbensfinewatches

I do have a watch from the 1950''s that I love but I need to get it serviced. It''s a tiny white-gold filled Elgin but I don''t have pics of it... yet.
20.gif

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
jeez, long day... but i get to sit down now and look at all the pretty stuff, i love ps.

thanks folks for your comments, i never wear this, so posting it is the only way anyones ever gonna see it! as a few of you mentioned, its delicate, so thats why. i have little kids and its just not working right now. its my only watch though, so im going to have to look into something else. however, i do love this one!

anne, i think ebay is a good way to aquire an antique watch, at least if you live in an area like me where options are few. i got this one there years ago, it did take months of litterally looking and bidding and hoping and waiting. it was just a question of getting what i wanted for what i was willing to pay. this one was a good balance.

jewelerman, thank you so much for the info!! i really had no idea about the time period or style, its great to know that stuff! i have to get my lazy rear to get it appraised and cleaned. it runs like a champ so its not on my list of priorities right now as far as servicing. i really appreciate your taking time to fill me in!

littlegreyk.- i like the older ones too, i want one!

gemma- i like hearing my wrist looks dainty, cause none of my other parts are, he he

thanks everyone for letting me share!!
emteeth.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful watch!!! I want one
39.gif

groovephi

Rough_Rock
nice watch.
how is the movement on it?
i am thinking of purchasing a vintage omega seamaster, but im afraid that it might not keep time well.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 8:23:49 PM
Author: Skippy123
39.gif

Very pretty, Isis!

Getcha one Skippy!!
31.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
39.gif
Ditto! Me too!

Isis~goddess ... You and Coati are starting a new trend that going to sweep the nation ... or well at least PS.
1.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 11:13:29 PM
Author: Sparkalicious

39.gif
Ditto! Me too!

Isis~goddess ... You and Coati are starting a new trend that going to sweep the nation ... or well at least PS.
1.gif
Thritto!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love this watch! Am a sucker for antique watches. I too want one!!! Enjoy, and thanks for sharing this treasure with us.
30.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
What a treasure that is! It''s so elegant and lady like. YUM!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
One of the reasons that i love my omega...a vintage 1972 gents dress watch...its a real work horse...the movements on the vintage watches are well made and are worth the money and time(sorry about the pun) and great for any watch collection...i refer to my watch as vintage because its over 30 years old...i would call it an antique watch but its not 100 years old.I understand in some places like parts of England that appraisers will allow an item to be 75 years or older to be called an antique.I have enjoyed looking at the vintage watches on this thread and hope to see more!

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
more thanks you guys!

groovephi- the watch keeps excellent time! jewelerman speaks to the quality of omega better than i can, but as he puts it, the watch is like a workhorse (wait, that doesnt sound too dainty does it?)

jewelerman, i forgot, there is a certain number of years old an item has to be before its antique, so i guess i labeled my topic wrong. i thought it was 25 years, maybe i was thinking about cars. classic, antique, vintage, i get all confused. thanks for the info though!

cinnamon, i think you coined a new word, or else im just sont know attention to PS vernacular, lol

i LOVE yours coatimundi
30.gif

thanks again for letting me share!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results