shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique style stud earring settings (& matching pendants)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently bought some August Vintage round (OEC) stones from Good Old Gold, so I decided to search for some inexpensive antique style settings. I did not want to put the money into custom. The good thing about these is that they are from Stuller and can probably be ordered by any vendor even though they may not picture them on their sites.

This is the one I chose and will post pictures on another thread once I get them back.

This is Stuller Round Scroll Setting Earring with .030" post, #1924, comes in 14k, 18k, platinum, and 14k X1 white gold, which is what I close because it is supposed to stay whiter without rhodium and does not have nickel. They are also available for other shape stones.

http://www.stuller.com/products/1924/2999995/?groupId=9803

stullerroundscrollearring1924.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Antique style stud earring settings (& matching pendants

Next was my other choice and it was very hard for me to decide!

This is the Stuller Round Fleur De Lis Earring # 28102

Like the Scroll setting, this one comes in very small to larger sizes. But this one does not seem to have the matching pendant.

http://www.stuller.com/products/28102/2996250/?groupId=105826

Stullerfleurdelisearring28102.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This setting is for LARGER stones, 8mm and higher, unfortunately. It also has a matching pendant. This might be good for some of our colored stone collectors. It comes in cushion, round, square, emerald, pear, oval, etc. shapes in the pendant and some of these in earring settings. Just search Laurel Scroll if you want to see all the pieces.

Stuller Antique Cushion Laurel Scroll Earring (and has matching pendant)

http://www.stuller.com/products/24164/2504292/?groupId=90359

Stullerlaurelscrollearring24164.jpg

Stullercushionlaurelscrollpendant23972.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Also for LARGER stones, 8mm and up, the Stuller Vintage Scroll setting (round #24177) available in a few shapes in earrings and pendant:

http://www.stuller.com/products/24177/?groupId=93884

I so wish all the styles were available in smaller sizes!

stullervintagescrollearring24177.jpg

Stullerroundvintagescrollpendant24153.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I like the ones you chose - I think they will be beautiful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MissGotRocks|1295887424|2831448 said:

Thanks, MGR! They were only around $130 including setting them, so I figured it was worth a try! I wanted to post these because often the vendors just picture baskets, martinis, and bezels for studs, and these antique stones just need some other options!

Smo

Shiny_Rock

I am excited to see how these turn out, I recently lost my diamond studs :(sad and have been hunting for something to replace them.

I originally wanted antique style diamond studs but decided it wasn't worth it because of the cost but these are a great alternative at a bargin price! Do you know what the prongs will look like once set? I really love the look of pointy prongs.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1295888580|2831480 said:
MissGotRocks|1295887424|2831448 said:

Thanks, MGR! They were only around $130 including setting them, so I figured it was worth a try! I wanted to post these because often the vendors just picture baskets, martinis, and bezels for studs, and these antique stones just need some other options!

Good thinking and great choice - I think they'll look fabulous!

slg47

Ideal_Rock

I also really like the ones you chose, can't wait to see them!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock

I have set a couple of colored stones in that scroll pendant. It's very pretty, delicate, and subtle in person. And affordable! I've decided I'm happy using basic stuller settings for many of my nice, but inexpensive stones.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock

I love all of them and *hope* to see your new earrings in person on day. :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Smo...I think you can ask your jeweler to do the prongs however you want. Oddly, I didn't even think to specify anything about the prongs because the stones are pretty small.

slg...thanks! I can't wait to see them either!

Selkie..oh, please post a picture on this thread if you can! I'd love to see your pendants in the setting!

Tacori...yes, I definitely hope we can get together soon! This should be a calmer year for me, I hope!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

I can't wait to see them with your new stones! I think you chose the perfect earring settings!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock

:wavey: DS-$130 for the pair, the set, or each piece? I just got a quote to have a gem stone set in that head on the fleur de lis shank for a ring (oh man do I wish that the fleur de lis head came in 7mm square!!!) and it was $400, including setting. I have no idea if that's a good price or not. Is there I place I can go that will be cheaper (or a firm quote I can present to the jeweler to get the price down?)

I paid $30 for the stone, so I am looking to spend as little possible on the setting, and it seems that stuller setting price vary so much vendor to vendor...

manderz

Brilliant_Rock

Can't wait to see the final pieces! I have the scroll pendant in yellow gold for my 1/2 ct pear, and I love it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bella_mezzo|1328591786|3120689 said:
:wavey: DS-$130 for the pair, the set, or each piece? I just got a quote to have a gem stone set in that head on the fleur de lis shank for a ring (oh man do I wish that the fleur de lis head came in 7mm square!!!) and it was $400, including setting. I have no idea if that's a good price or not. Is there I place I can go that will be cheaper (or a firm quote I can present to the jeweler to get the price down?)

I paid $30 for the stone, so I am looking to spend as little possible on the setting, and it seems that stuller setting price vary so much vendor to vendor...

Bella, it was $130 for the pair including setting the stones. I think your quote sounds a little high, but I don't know what is involved with setting it into a ring. I'd just price it with another good jeweler in your area and compare. Labor charges really do vary a lot, but I only use high quality jewelers for any work like that in hopes they have a good bench. I don't think I'd pay that much to set a $30 stone, either!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh!
they are all so pretty! I can't wait to see your AVR studs! I LOVE AVR!!!

I wish I wasn't in Canada sometimes-I would have access to more affordable settings! 130.00 SET!? My jeweler quoted me over 200.00 (I think it was closer to 300.00) for not hand made bezel w milgrain settings and I don't believe that was set!

I can't wait to see them all done! :love: :love: :appl: :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

oh oh OH! Gorgeous settings - I 'ooh-ed and aaah-ed' with each new photo, but I love your selection the best! I love the open design more so than the fleur de lis or YG photo. Very nice- you must be quite excited!!! That will be a beautiful set - hope they arrive soon! :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

VL and Enerchi, this thread is a year old and I ended up just sticking with regular ideal cut stones in plain settings! It was confusing to me when I saw this thread!!!!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LOL!

Those prices that my jeweler gave me now seem much more fair after finding out it's a year old!

Still beautiful settings though but I highly doubt they are 130.00 set anymore!

Oh the good old days when jewelry was more of an "affordable" hobby!

Thanks for informing me though :) :wavey:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

I am excited to see pics of your new earrings!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1328653465|3121124 said:
VL and Enerchi, this thread is a year old and I ended up just sticking with regular ideal cut stones in plain settings! It was confusing to me when I saw this thread!!!!

oops! :oops: Sorry ,I did not pay close enough attention... however, they are still very nice settings! :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Enerchi|1328655482|3121155 said:
diamondseeker2006|1328653465|3121124 said:

oops! :oops: Sorry ,I did not pay close enough attention... however, they are still very nice settings! :D

It's confusing because it says Jan 24th so no one notices the year!

VL...WhiteFlash is showing $195 for their simple settings and I believe they were at $175 when I priced those other settings at $130. So it might be safe to think that they'd be around $150 now. I find that the online vendors have better diamond prices, but they sometimes charge more than local jewelers for other things.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results