shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique ruby cluster flower ring?

Wolfrott

Rough_Rock
Any idea as to the maker, history, or general ID of this ring? Type of ring design, quality of the gemstones?

It's a (stamped 375) gold ring with rubies and a diamond per flower ring a friend inherited through her great-aunt, who is from York and got it there presumably.

I couldn't capture in rhe photos how sparkly the diamonds are, they're gorgeous, but the rubies seem to me your standard antique ruby sparkle, they only sparkle when hit with direct light unlike the diamonds.

_2922.jpeg

_2923.jpeg

_2924.jpeg

_2925.jpeg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's what that setting reminds me of. When I was a young girl, in the early 1960s, there was nice but inexpensive jewelry that was marketed through neighborhood drug stores, and possibly gift shops, to be given As gifts for special occasions. In fact a lot of this was birthstone jewelry. Most of it was much simpler then your ring. For example it was most likely to have a single birthstone, or a birthstone flanks buy two small diamonds. Nonetheless your setting and particularly the split shanks, reminds me of those rings. Your ring is also 9 karat gold which is in keeping with a casual gift line. By the way my parents bought me a birthstone ring from the neighborhood pharmacy once upon a time, but unfortunately I lost it along time ago.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think this ring is antique.
As VrBeauty said, it is probably 1960's, maybe even 70's or early 80's. This style was very common in jewelry design at that time.
As a matter of fact, I really wanted one similar to this when I was a teen, but with sapphires.

Even so, it is really pretty, and if it were mine, I would wear it!

Wolfrott

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results