Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TwilightBlue

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I'm new to PriceScope. I'm not sure how I ever missed this forum. Anyway, I love antique rings and have quite a few in my collection.
I have a Victorian Ruby with old mine cut diamonds ring in rose gold that I purchased years ago. I am thinking of selling it. What do you guys think of it? It was featured in article in Victorian Homes magazine in 2008. I have the issue of the magazine too. This is the description of the ring.

Victorian Ruby and Old Mine Cut Diamond Ring Rose Gold Size 5

Beautifully appointed details set this antique Victorian ring apart from the rest. Vertically ribbed shoulders admirably compliment six (6) old mine cut diamonds of .12 carats each clustered around a faceted ruby of approximately .26 carats. The warm rose gold brings out the brilliance of the diamonds and the red reflections of the open back ruby. Total diamond weight for the ring is estimated at .72 carats.

Measures just less than ½ of an inch (1.1 cm) in diameter and rises from finger ¼ of an inch (0.6 cm). It has a weight of 4.6 grams

Dates circa 1880 – 1890

2017-07-27 13.00.24.jpg Rose Gold Ring1.jpg Ruby.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS!

Is the stone pinker in your pictures than in person? It's looking very pink sapphire to me.

As for your question, I think it's beautiful, those mine cuts are gorgeous and the rose gold really nicely sets off those diamonds. I love the ribbed detail on the ring as well:

I'm known for my love of pink stones so I'll stop there before I get carried away and try to add it to my collection :twisted2:

TwilightBlue

Rough_Rock
Hi Stephanie, It is definitely a ruby but more on the pink side IRL. I just don't wear it and it seems a shame to let it sit in my collection. I'm going to put it up on Loop Troupe so someone else can enjoy it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s lovely. I’m a sucker for those romantic old cuts. But if you don’t love and enjoy it then sell without guilt. Good luck and hope you can buy something in its place that you love and wear. :appl:

TwilightBlue

Rough_Rock
I am selling it. I have it listed in Pricescope cafe and on Loupe Troop. Thanks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results