shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Platinum Ruby diamond accent Ring

sjamisonjr

Rough_Rock
Hello,
My wife and I are looking for some advice, guidance in pricing a family heirloom that has been passed down to her. This ring was originally her great grandmother's. This dates the ring anywhere between the late 1800's to the 1920's. The ring is a ruby set between two diamond accents in platinum. Her initials are inscribed into it along with "PLAT" which we are guessing means platinum. We are not exactly sure of the size of the ruby but I have included pictures.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

_2644.jpg

_2645.jpg

meenakshi

Rough_Rock
Ultimate Ruby ring!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi! What a lovely ring! The ruby appears to be a cabachon. It's hard to guess the size of the stones from the photos. Obviously, size effects price. ;)) The first thing to do is take it to an appraiser, ensure that the ruby is not synthetic (which was fairly common back then) and go from there. If you tell us where you are located, we may be able to direct you.

sjamisonjr

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the reply. We are located in Southeastern Pa, 45 min outside of Philly.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
David Atlas is in PA (not sure how close he is to Philly). He's a very well respected appraiser here. To get his info, go to Resources (above tab), click appraisers and select PA. Hope this helps! Good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results