shape
carat
color
clarity

antique pear-shaped diamond help

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Where would you look to find an antique or OEC-style pear shaped diamond? I know Lang Antiques has several already set into jewelry. I'd like a 1.5-2 carat pear, warm is fine (L,M,N,O, etc. color), SI2 or higher (with no inclusion under the table). I am looking for a high crown, delicious chunky facets, and a lovely culet. Anyone know of any vendors who might have one loose? I can get one pre-set but I'll just be taking it apart to have it remade for me. I'm not going to buy right now, but I would like to start my quest.
Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You'd be looking for a needle in a haystack to find an antique pear period, but I think you will probably find almost all of them set. Lang and other fine antique jeweler dealers will be where you'll have to look. Call Singlestone, too.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Diamondseeker, I will e-mail Singlestone and get a feel for whether or not they'd be able to find one for me.

farmergal, thanks for the lead on the DBL pear, it's not quite what I'm looking for shape-wise. I love this pair of earrings from LangAntiques, the pear at the bottom is a perfect example of what I'm trying to find. Small table, very high crown, big culet.

Screen shot 2012-04-20 at 10.39.42 AM.png

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

fridays_child

Shiny_Rock
You might want to check Leon. I *think* he can get an antique-style pear from the same cutter who cuts the antique-style French cuts for him.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results