shape
carat
color
clarity

antique or mine cut diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sirkclower

Rough_Rock
I am considering a mine cut antique diamond that is set in a 14kt white gold filigree setting. The diamond is said to be 2.21 carats, I color, SI3. They are asking about 4750$. Is that a good price or not? I know very little about diamonds. These are the stats I know:
*Egl report for ct old European cut natural diamond:
Color: I
Clarity: SI3
Measurements in millimeters: 8.13 x 7.53 x 5.66mm
Depth: 72.3%
Table: 52 %
Estimated retail replacement value: $14,250.00 Please advise me ASAP. I want to make a decision. I just want a nice looking large stone that I can wear that will look good to the naked eye. Thanks! sirkclower

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
This stone could be valued as a recut that would weigh about 1.70ct very nice make.
EGL I SI3 may be equivalent to GIA J I1.
Take this info and do a search here for a stone with this ct and color clarity.
You will probably not be impressed.

sirkclower

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your reply. As I stated, I am not an experienced diamond purchaser. I will do the search you suggested. Any particular site that is good to do that search? Many thanks. sirkclower

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Oldminer (David Atlas), www.gemappraisers.com , is the expert.You might want to send the stone/ring to him for independent evaluation and appraisal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results