shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique opal ring

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm finally getting around to photographing some antique jewelry I inherited.
My generous FIL gave me all of MIL's jewelry after she passed away last year....it was a hoard, for sure.
We believe this belonged to great grandmother Elizabeth. The period looks like late Victorian. Opal and 14k rose gold with teeny rose cut diamonds.
IMG_20220122_115227236~2.jpg

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s so pretty! Is it your size? Looks to be in really good shape for its age.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If their family name is Wonka, you've been holding out on us! :lol:

Haha, that would be funny!
The company was in operation from 1893-1960 in Michigan. Then great uncle sold it. The company is still in existance, and still has the family name, but no longer owned by the family.
This opal ring was surely purchased with chocolate money!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the chocolate factory story, how awesome would that be? Although I imagine you lose your love for chocolate working with it daily.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the chocolate factory story, how awesome would that be? Although I imagine you lose your love for chocolate working with it daily.

DH's grandpa broke away to have his own chocolate shop in the 1960s. We have grandpa's stash of recipes for all kinds of candy and ice cream. We really can't make anything, because the recipes yield massive amounts, like 30 lbs of fudge.
There is a deep love for chocolates in DH's family.........

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that’s amazing! Too bad the recipes are so huge though. Really good chocolate (although expensive) is so worth it. We get the really good stuff for Easter (candy factory a town over) and I look forward to it every year for that reason =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results