shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Opal & Diamond Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone! Since I'm not engaged quite yet, but I'm hoping for it any day now, I figured I should take some time to work on my ring photo-taking skills, since everyone keeps posting about how difficult it is! So I took a bunch of pictures of the ring my aunt gave me which was (prior to me) passed down through 4 generations of "Anne"s in my family. It's a big opal (which is much more colorful in real life) surrounded by shared prong diamonds. Don't know the specs on any of it, but it's pretty!
1.gif

~~~THERE ARE BETTER PICTURES LATER IN THE THREAD!~~~

opal_collage1.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Aaand some more pictures!

opal_collage2.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
it''s very pretty! opal is my birthstone and i have always loved them.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!!
30.gif

widget

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I didn''t really know much about opals before, but this ring is incredible. I wish you could really see all the colors in the pictures! And the diamonds are SO white and sparkly. But, I still need to work on getting the photos to actually focus completely...
7.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore opals. That is one gorgeous ring. The pics are a little blurry but I could see the fire in your stone. It''s a lovely setting too. Thanks for sharing it with us.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
A very sweet ring, opals are such neat stones.

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
That opal is on fire! Beautiful stone!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
What a great ring! I love opals (my birthstone too jcrow!) and love the tradition of passing it on to Anne's since im one too!
2.gif
One day i would like to have an opal ring like that!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Another opal fan here and that setting is just beautiful!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me too, me too!! Put me on the opal lovers list. Your ring is gorgeous and I love the fact that it has been handed down to the Anne''s in your family.
30.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!! I''m so glad you like my ring! Now I''m feeling inspired to go home and take some pictures of the antique pearl ring I have too!
9.gif

But...did I make it clear that my name isn''t Anne?
7.gif
There weren''t any in my generation, but I was the only girl so my aunt gave it to me. So I feel kind of bad breaking the tradition, but I''m still so glad I got it! And I can keep passing it on to girls in the family even if we don''t have any more Annes next generation....
1.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
how pretty! what a wonderful tradition - I don''t think you''re "breaking" it just because your name is not Anne. I think the tradition would be broken if your aunt didn''t pass the ring down to you. your carrying it on!
1.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I think you know what you are going to have to do............your first born daughter is just going to have to be named Anne!

Just kidding, it''s still a wonderful tradition and you were so lucky to be the only girl.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
have you tried taking the pictures in natural light with the flash off? i found that was the key for me. It''s such a beautiful ring!!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
hehe thanks for looking on the bright side CFemme!
4.gif

And yeah...I''ve thought of that Catmom...but I don''t waannna name my firstborn Anne! (yes, I''m whining). But I do feel guilty about it at least! That sort of counts for something, right??
5.gif

And thanks for the tip jcrow - these were all under a fairly bright ceiling light in my apartment (at night) with no flash. My main problem was that when the camera is set on macro I can''t get it to understand what I want it to focus on. So it kept focussing VERY CLEARLY on my fingernail or the wall, but it wouldn''t actually focus on the RING. I''ll try taking some in daylight though and see if that helps!
1.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~That is a beautiful Opal! I love the soft, colorful look!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
1.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I''ve been working on my photo taking skills and I think I''m getting a bit better - largely due to jcrow''s suggestion of taking the photos in daylight - IT HELPS SO MUCH!!! Let me know what you think....

opalcollage1.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
...and some more!
41.gif

opalcollage2.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are great pics Alb, you can really see the fire in your opal. I love it!!!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Okay, this is the last batch I promise! These are some close-ups...

opalcollage3.jpg

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
ooh! I like these new pics - they really shows off the colors!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results