shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique marquise ring

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
Hi All! I was hoping my husband would be merciful enough to give this to me as a Christmas gift (he has had it since September!!) but I was just informed that I am getting something else for Christmas. So I wanted to share a few photos I snuck of the ring while putting my son to sleep. I'll try to add more pics when my husband finally gifts it to me- its torture knowing it is just sitting in his bedside drawer! Antique marquise around 1ct EGL G in a vintage setting. Needs a good cleaning because I keep petting it when my husband isn't looking ;-)

image-1648036928.jpg

image-2168584644.jpg

image-467032362.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! What a great surprise!! You better be prepared to earn an Oscar when you receive it tho, little missy, now that you've discovered it, tried it on and posted on PS!! :lol:

Don't you just love it when your kids nap??? :Up_to_something:

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I REALLY like that!! :love: Do you think your DH might just be trying to surprise you by saying he's got you something else for Christmas?! Is it to celebrate any particular occasion?

D

Deactivated member 42515

Oh my googly moogly!!!!!!!! I reallllly hope you get this as your Christmas present!!! Because I need more pics! I love that setting! And I'm not usually a fan of marquise cuts but yowza! You've got a convert!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh man, that is gorgeous! And he's been holding out on you since Sept.??? What is WRONG with that man. That ring is too gorgeous to be sitting in a closet!! You tell him WE said that he needs to give it to you NOW! If that doesn't work, try a lap dance! :naughty:

It is amazing and you are so lucky to (almost) have it!! I hope that you get to wear it permanently sooner rather than later.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ring? What beautiful, stunning with incredible presence on your hand ring??? :naughty:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yum! Better than shortbread..... :bigsmile:

cheers--Shaorn

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Ahhhhhh!! It would KILL me to have that beauty under lock and key! It's amazing!!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh the AGONY!! That is a beauty :love: what a nice Christmas morning you'll have!!

I think he is pulling your leg, what else could top that for Christmas??!! :love: :bigsmile:
sarahb

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful - what torture! I hope he's just faking you out and this beauty is waiting for you on Christmas morning. :naughty:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy goodness, this thing is beautiful. Please more photos!! I was just lusting after the JbEG antique marquise that was released in the sneak peek email today. Yours is just darling!

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
Thank you ladies! I knew you all would understand my plight. :)

Enerchi- haha you give me (and my husband!) too much credit- He isn't allowed to shop for any jewelry without my input because, thanks to this forum, I am very picky. But while I get to pick my gifts, he gets to decide when I receive them (and I'm clearly not very good at allowing him that!) He doesn't know I posted about the ring on PS but he is probably turning a blind eye to my constantly going through his nightstand.

JuneRose- thank you! We had previously agreed that this would be our 5th anniversary gift, which isn't technically until next June, but my husband has always been fairly impetuous about giving me gifts of jewelry once he has them in hand; it never occurred to me that he would actually wait until June!

YayTacori- haha thanks! I too wasnt a big fan of marquise cuts until I actually tried one on and realized how beautiful and elegant they look on the finger. I really love the shape of this stone and worry that the setting hides it a bit so there might be a reset in its future, but I can't do anything til this baby is technically mine!

Yenny- I did try asking DH what was wrong with him but he had the audacity to calmly imply that it was I who has a bit of an 'illness' when it comes to bling... *huff*, some nerve. Perhaps he should stop enabling me (wait! No I didn't mean that!) Hm, lap dance... I have to learn some good moves so the dance works in my favor and not against me, haha! I will probably be desperate enough come New Year so I will keep your suggestion in mind. ;-) I hope you are feeling better, I'll go check on your thread in hangout in a second.

VRB- hehe yes exactly- what ksdad doesn't know won't hurt him, right? ;-)

Sharon, RoseBloom, sarahb, ginger, and madelise- thanks so much ladies! I'll post lots more pics when I get the chance (perhaps I can plan another covert photo shoot this week!)

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love it!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THAT IS TORTURE!!!!! and it is beautiful!!!! I love it... :love:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
That is seriously the best setting I have ever seen for a marquise! :love: Absolutely stunning!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
What a stunning ring! I hope your hubby doesn't make you wait too much longer. :twirl:

echomomm

Rough_Rock
What an amazing ring! I really hope he doesn't try to make you wait until June - that would be awful!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE it, but it sounds like you already have a 2ct and a 1.6 ct you can play with until he gives you this one, right? :Up_to_something:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
gorgeous.....and spectacular on your finger!

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
That's beautiful. Love the chunky marquise. Also got a kick out of your comment about "petting" it. At least you have a sense of humor about it, but I hope your hubby gives it to you sooner rather than later.

liz

D_Glory

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous!

I hope you can sneak it out for some more pictures pretty soon! I'd love to see more! :love: :love:

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your kind words, and for giving me a reason to 'visit' the ring again- I had to take some more photos, just for you all, right?? It gave me *no* pleasure to take the ring out, snap a couple of photos, and maybe wear it for an hour or two...no, none at all :cheeky: Like a true addict though I fear I will get bolder with time and my poor husband may just come home to see me wearing it one day! So out of respect for his role in all of this, I'm going to have to put this little beauty away until it is officially mine. I will photograph the heck out of it then, I promise!

img_367.jpg

img_368.jpg

img_369.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is stunning!! Gosh, I hope you get it soon. It would absolutely scramble my brain knowing it was there & I couldn't have it :o

It's beautiful :love:

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is flippin gorgeous! I hope you get it soon. That must be torture.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So beautiful!

Now, how can I unsee these pics so I don't start pining for antique marquises as well! Too late, too late. Gorgeous ring!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i want you to know that this is perhaps my fav diamond ring on this website.......i'm really a color stone person but your ring, well, i am in true and deep LUST......

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Holy mother of bling that is gorgeous!!!! Love the stone, love the setting! You are a very lucky lady KS! Very beautiful indeed!

milton333

Brilliant_Rock
How lovely. Does it have a little bitty culet? Swoon!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Ughhhhh, I'm back for more marquise porrrrrrrn...

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
YayTacori|1355193851|3328198 said:
Ughhhhh, I'm back for more marquise porrrrrrrn...

i see i'm not alone.....drool.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results