shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Garnets

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
Hello all,

I've long wanted a OEC or OMC diamond, and after some of the wonderful posts I've seen today, I think I'd like to make a toi et moi with a garnet since diamonds and garnets are my children's birthstones (April and January.)

Would anyone point me in the right direction or post any antique garnets you come across? I don't know much about how they were cut. @Niel @oldcutclubmember, I'd love your expertise, please. I'm thinking .5 stones but will look at bigger and smaller ones.

Feel free to post diamonds you come across too! I have been looking around for antique rings and noticed the internet is more full of replicas than it once was.

Thank you. <3

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Were you going to make them the same shape? What shape were you after? Do you want a traditional dark red garnet or another color??
I’d love to look for something that isn’t for me

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
Were you going to make them the same shape? What shape were you after? Do you want a traditional dark red garnet or another color??
I’d love to look for something that isn’t for me

I would like them to be the same shape, but they don't have to be.

Yes to dark red.

Thank you!!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
I know nothing about garnets so I am glad to see @Niel is able to assist you in your search! Do you have a budget in mind as to the stones and as to the setting?

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
I know nothing about garnets so I am glad to see @Niel is able to assist you in your search! Do you have a budget in mind as to the stones and as to the setting?

Maybe like $2k max for all of it. Garnets are pretty inexpensive, right? And I don't mind color in the diamonds for this, I love the look of warm antique stones.

I'm open to buying an antique piece if I can find one that has both stones too.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe like $2k max for all of it. Garnets are pretty inexpensive, right? And I don't mind color in the diamonds for this, I love the look of warm antique stones.

I'm open to buying an antique piece if I can find one that has both stones too.

Do you want the antique piece to be a moi et toi too or just anything good ?

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
Do you want the antique piece to be a moi et toi too or just anything good ?

Ideally, the two stone BUT I will always look at anything. Thanks so much for your help, I am usually the one looking for someone else, and this is really fun. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results