shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique French Cut Sapphire Band-Rehab? Re-set?

What should I do?

• Minor repair, leave in original setting

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Yellow Gold Channel setting

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • DK Reset in Yellow Gold with floral accents?

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

acv123

Shiny_Rock
Premium
While I wait for my engagement ring to be cast I'm itching for more projects! I found this little guy for what I think was a pretty good deal and am trying to decide what to do with it. I won't wear it as is because I'm not really a platinum person and all my jewelry is gold-toned. From what I was told it's an art deco french cut sapphire ring. It has 27 stones total, two of which seemed to be replacements that didn't quite fit into the band and were messily adhered in. There looks to have been some kind of damage to the setting in the process but its minor. Anyhow I'm wondering if I should get it restored to its original glory and re-sell it to someone who appreciates it as is, reset it in a gold channel setting, or wildcard!! get it set into david klass band like the one made for @ceg ? Here's her thread of her beautiful beautiful french cut ring: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/david-klass-french-cut-sapphire-eternity-band.240727/

Thoughts?

Image-1 (1).jpg IMG_1781.jpg IMG_2373.PNG IMG_1784.jpg Image-1 (2).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1809.jpg
    IMG_1809.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 19

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't vote because I mat be a bit biased, lol. I love it as is but if you would wear it more in yg, then change it. I of course prefer the dk one. It's one of my absolute favorite bands.

justpeachy

Shiny_Rock
I don't think I'd channel set those. The DK ring is a showstopper... really unique & memorable. I'd set it in that, especially if it means you'll wear it more.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CEG's band is stunning. If that's an option, then do it - in yellow gold, of course.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it's beautiful as is.

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
o_OI agree with kindred, it is beautiful as is and I would only do a minor repair.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would get it repaired and re-sell. But I am biased- I have been looking for such a band for a long time and am waiting for someone to list one in platinum that is in good (does not have to be perfect) shape.

acv123

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I didn't vote because I mat be a bit biased, lol. I love it as is but if you would wear it more in yg, then change it. I of course prefer the dk one. It's one of my absolute favorite bands.

That's saying a lot since you have such an incredible collection! If you had to choose between your yogo sapphire band and your DK band which one would you choose? I'm tempted to keep this as is or maybe reset in yellow gold since a sapphire channel set bands seems like a classic in any collection.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I think I would have to choose the DK band just for the "extra" it has. I love the yogo sapphires but the band is a 3/4 eternity and rings spin on my fingers. I love your band as is but I understand the love of yg with sapphires! One of my favorite combos.

acv123

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think it's beautiful as is.

o_OI agree with kindred, it is beautiful as is and I would only do a minor repair.

Thank you both! I agree, the milgrain is so delicate. I'm going to get some quotes and decide..resetting it completely in gold may cost just as much as buying one of the DK rings outright using their stones in which case i'd repair and sell this one and look for a gold one or buy a DK one.

acv123

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I would get it repaired and re-sell. But I am biased- I have been looking for such a band for a long time and am waiting for someone to list one in platinum that is in good (does not have to be perfect) shape.

What size are you!? :razz: I'll keep you in mind depending on what I decide to do--going to get some quotes for resetting in the same style in gold or having DK re purpose into one of his bands.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What size are you @acv123? I have considered selling my cvb yogo Riviere since I really don't need 2 sapphire bands.

acv123

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What size are you @acv123? I have considered selling my cvb yogo Riviere since I really don't need 2 sapphire bands.

=)2 Intriguing! Ring finger is just shy of a 6 and middle finger is about a 7 but I usually stack rings so I can usually wear anything between a 6 and a 7.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
6.5 with sizing beads. It's elongated french cut yogo sapphires, 3/4 eternity in 18k yg. You can reach me by searching lt for ceg if you are interested. Lol, I thought about thinning out my jewelry box but I am usually too lazy to actually do it!

acv123

Shiny_Rock
Premium
6.5 with sizing beads. It's elongated french cut yogo sapphires, 3/4 eternity in 18k yg. You can reach me by searching lt for ceg if you are interested. Lol, I thought about thinning out my jewelry box but I am usually too lazy to actually do it!

wouldn't you know! perfect :) emailing you now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results