shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique/Filigree jewelry settings?

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
I just got a beautiful peridot from Gene and I would like to set it in an antique style ring, maybe filigree. I have looked at filigreerings.com and they have some lovely pieces. Does anyone else have any suggestions? I would love something with leaves or flowers twining up the sides of the ring, since the peridot is such a lovely grassy green color.

Here is the peridot. It is 4.98 carats, 12.05 x 8.946 mm.

TIA!

peridot.jpg

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
That's gonna be one hell of a ring with that large stone! Gorgeous! :appl:

My first thought is do you know about http://www.greenlakejewelry.com/ - they might fit your bill...?

Selkie

Ideal_Rock

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just bought antique diamond dangle earrings from Mydiamondzone and I give them major thumbs up for customer service. They'd fallen under my radar prior to that though. Their settings are pretty beautiful too.

Congrats on your new stone. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
There are several reproduction setting designs on this site that are interesting and some that I haven't seen on every other filigree site. Could be worth a look?

Jans Jewells

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks selkie for the link-- I live in Chicago, I wonder if I could check these out in person? Athenaworth, the info on your purchase with mydiamondzone really helps! Fallenrox, thanks for the link-- they have some setting for lower prices than I have seen elsewhere so that makes me happy!

I am finding that it is important to look around for these filigree settings--the prices really vary from vendor to vendor for very similar items. :rolleyes:

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
A lot of the variation probably has to do with whether it's original or reproduction, and where they are actually made/cast. It would be great if you could see the settings in person before buying, and get an idea of the actual quality!

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
thanks tyty333 and deathspi! I have contacted both vendors to see how if my 12 by almost nine will fit in a 12 by 10 or 11 by 9 setting. And some of the settings are really shallow and more suited to cabochons or cameos :(sad

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
erinl|1310079446|2964192 said:
thanks tyty333 and deathspi! I have contacted both vendors to see how if my 12 by almost nine will fit in a 12 by 10 or 11 by 9 setting. And some of the settings are really shallow and more suited to cabochons or cameos :(sad

Sorry to hear about that, it must be a pain having to worry about the depth of the setting as well as the length/width.

The designs on MyDiamondZone look really nice, but if you look at the weight some of the rings are very light. I hope they are well made should you or anyone decide to buy from them. I know Athenaworth did but earrings may be different. :sick:

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Michael E could probably fix you up with that... and he knows how to set softer gems.

Gempassion

Shiny_Rock
Just to add to what velouriaL said, Michael E.'s filigree settings are quite beautiful if you have a look at the gemshoppe website.

http://www.gemshoppe.com/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results