shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique diamond vendors with upgrade policies?

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I know I&R has something but I’m curious to know who else has an upgrade policy.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
These are some old threads:

I think over the years with diamond prices fluctuating some vendors have removed the upgrade/buy back policy. Might be worth checking with them individually as it may be a case by case basis.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And for those that do have something in writing when the purchase is made, what happens when that policy is changed or just removed from their website?
I think that applies to all vendors tho. I’m not quite sure anything like that should be looked at as a major decision factor. I mean - how mad is someone going to be if that company changes policy or folds? If so, i just couldn't let it be that big of a deciding factor in the purchase.

YMMV also applies with the verbal statements from vendors if you choose to upgrade, they’ll do whatever they can to help you out. That’s so open to interpretation and opaqueness, especially with vendors with no pricing publicly visible or the pricing they do have visible is routinely discounted in their discretion varying from customer to customer.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
And for those that do have something in writing when the purchase is made, what happens when that policy is changed or just removed from their website?
I think that applies to all vendors tho. I’m not quite sure anything like that should be looked at as a major decision factor. I mean - how mad is someone going to be if that company changes policy or folds? If so, i just couldn't let it be that big of a deciding factor in the purchase.

YMMV also applies with the verbal statements from vendors if you choose to upgrade, they’ll do whatever they can to help you out. That’s so open to interpretation and opaqueness, especially with vendors with no pricing publicly visible or the pricing they do have visible is routinely discounted in their discretion varying from customer to customer.

Very true... we bought my first diamond from Zoara and they closed up shop just months before we were going to pull the trigger on an upgrade/ trade in. So maybe it really isn’t that important.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had purchased a stone from Grace when she had a trade in/upgrade policy of giving the full price. A few years later I asked to trade it in and even though her policy had changed, she honored the policy in place at the time I purchased the stone. I'm not sure if other vendors will do that, but I thought it was very fair and professional for her to do that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results