shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Diamond Brooch to Cuff Conversion by DK!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This turned out amazing! I love it!!!! I mean seriously love it!!! just gorgeous

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful conversion! Lovely!

stylistbydesign

Rough_Rock
I don't even love wearing bracelets in general, but this beauty could convert me! What a wonderful use of that gorgeous brooch....enjoy wearing it to the fullest.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Love it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowza! LOVE:love:. Beautiful conversion @ac117 :appl:Looks stunning on your wrist. :kiss2:

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful!

Did the brooch have any curvature to it before the conversion? I have seen many pieces that I think would make for a better bracelet, but always passed thinking it was too straight to allow for a bracelet conversion.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is divine!!! Love it! :love:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't even love wearing bracelets in general, but this beauty could convert me! What a wonderful use of that gorgeous brooch....enjoy wearing it to the fullest.

This is totally me! I only have a tennis bracelet that was a wedding gift from DH and I do try to wear it but bracelets haven't always been my thing. But this new cuff really has me smitten! I thought I was doing the conversion but it turns out we converted each other! :lol:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful!

Did the brooch have any curvature to it before the conversion? I have seen many pieces that I think would make for a better bracelet, but always passed thinking it was too straight to allow for a bracelet conversion.

Hi @Octo2005! The brooch was originally completely flat! I posted a couple of 'before' pics towards the end of the first page for someone else but they were only from the top view so here's one from the side so you could see it clearly. DK was able to safely curve the brooch, which is absolutely amazing to me, and I have full confidence in him that he could do this for most other brooches (maybe depending on length? I don't really know...). The length of my brooch is 1.75 inches, which I told DK along with sending him pictures of the brooch beforehand (this one included) to make sure he knew what the job entailed.
IMG_0076.JPG

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:kiss2: My dear friend, it means a lot that you love it!!! I appreciate your help throughout the process and listening every step of the way! Hugs!!
The cuff turned out absolutely gorgeous, how not to love it! :love: It was my absolute pleasure helping along the way, but the vision was always yours:kiss2:

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Please give me a moment to pick my jaw up off the floor and mop up the drool!

:eek2:

:geek2:

:love:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
nice work!!! enjoy!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful piece ac117! Love that these antique pieces are being made wearable again!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A lovely conversion and looks beautiful on you. The two toned was the way to go for sure!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please give me a moment to pick my jaw up off the floor and mop up the drool!

:eek2:

:geek2:

:love:

Hahaha thank you so much!

nice work!!! enjoy!

Thanks!

Beautiful piece ac117! Love that these antique pieces are being made wearable again!

Aww, thanks tyty! I wish more people who make them wearable again rather than melting/destroying them. You've been quiet around here lately - I miss reading you posts! Hope all is well :wavey:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lovely conversion and looks beautiful on you. The two toned was the way to go for sure!

I'm so glad I went with the yg....I will fully admit that some of the thought process revolved around preparing for the Love :twisted2: I mean I'd obv have to see how they look on the same wrist, but it was taken into consideration!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely and so romantic :kiss2:

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lordy! That’s amazing!!!

I can’t believe he pulled that curve off. It looks spectacular. All the details on it....this is what I love about antique jewelry. It’s just beyond!!!:love::love::love:

imitcan

Shiny_Rock
5BF80722-D821-479F-B3AF-FAE758BA2EF3.jpeg
You have inspired me to see if I can’t repurpose one of these, or both. They are family heirlooms that I’m saving for my daughter. She would never wear a brooch so I thought a pendant perhaps. But now; I’m very intrigued and will be asking to borrow the bangle for sure, if I can deliver on the project.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
That turned out really fantastic!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!

It’s making me super impatient for my bracelet to be done!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5BF80722-D821-479F-B3AF-FAE758BA2EF3.jpeg
You have inspired me to see if I can’t repurpose one of these, or both. They are family heirlooms that I’m saving for my daughter. She would never wear a brooch so I thought a pendant perhaps. But now; I’m very intrigued and will be asking to borrow the bangle for sure, if I can deliver on the project.

I think these would make fantastic conversions! I believe it's more of a risk to curve a brooch when there are a lot of stones because the pressure when heating up/curving could possibly pop the stones out. Since the stones on both of these are at the center, I don't think there should be an issue! Please keep us updated if you decide to move forward!! Another option would be to still curve the brooch but add a chain instead of a cuff - it would be less costly too.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!

It’s making me super impatient for my bracelet to be done!

Yessss! I'm so excited to see yours, as well! I'm glad you decided to go with the slightly larger stones - it's going to be fantastic!!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful! I am sure that you will have many happy days of wearing it!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a brooch lover I cry but even I have to admit that it is perfect as a bangle. Beautiful conversion!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results