shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique demantoid ring on ebay--anyone tempted?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I suspect the green stones in this ladies'' masonic ring may be demantoids:

Order of Amaranth ring

It''s a bit pricy for me, and I already have an Edwardian demantoid ring that I''m happy with, but I thought one of you colored-stone fans might like to know about it. It''s hidden away under historical collectibles/ fraternal organizations, and the seller doesn''t claim (doesn''t seem to know) that they''re demantoids, so it wouldn''t show up on a search. I just happened to be looking through that sellers other auctions and noticed it.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very nice stones, indeed. Interesting ring as well, but not something I would wear, both because of the design and the religious conotations.

I am staying well away from it, because I would be tempted to reset the demantoids (I agree it seems likely, considering the workmanship on the ring) and that would not be cool.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I looked though the seller''s other items and that "flip" ring is a lot of fun!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 6:13:18 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain
Very nice stones, indeed. Interesting ring as well, but not something I would wear, both because of the design and the religious conotations.

I am staying well away from it, because I would be tempted to reset the demantoids (I agree it seems likely, considering the workmanship on the ring) and that would not be cool.

Yes, I was glad the price is on the high side, because otherwise I would be tempted to reset. I would feel funny wearing it because I''m not a member of that organization, though I actually rather like the design.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice colour of demantoids and the design too. However, I am unfamiliar with the connotations, so I might very well wear it.
9.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Yah I''m tempted...
27.gif
The design is cool, but I have no idea what "The Order of Aramath" is--haha. Masonic thing?

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
yum! too much $ for me but i love it!

glitterata you and i have very similar taste. can i play in your jewelry box, pretty please?
31.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Of course, French Blue! You''re welcome any time, as long as you''re wearing that gorgeous ring of yours!

I don''t know anything about the Order of Amaranth beyond what that Wikipedia article says. I just liked the (probable) demantoids, and I thought it was an interesting, well made ring. If it had been half the price, I might have bought it myself. Maybe someone here is associated with that organization AND is a green garnet fan--wouldn''t that be perfect?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results