shape
carat
color
clarity

antique cushions from ERD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pjsallday

Rough_Rock
I have a attached a few pics of some cushions that ERD found for me. I just want to know what you think. Stats are 6.90x6.13x3.61. Table is 61 and depth is 58.9. It is VVS2 and G color. 8 main facets on the pavilion. I am concerned about the crushed ice apperance in the left side and the top right. Any input would be great. I will post more pics when I get it on Tuesday. Thanks as always.

P1020658_cr_cr.jpg

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/28/2009 11:00:25 PM
Author:pjsallday
I have a attached a few pics of some cushions that ERD found for me. I just want to know what you think. Stats are 6.90x6.13x3.61. Table is 61 and depth is 58.9. It is VVS2 and G color. 8 main facets on the pavilion. I am concerned about the crushed ice apperance in the left side and the top right. Any input would be great. I will post more pics when I get it on Tuesday. Thanks as always.
Ask for a better image...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2009 4:25:48 AM
Author: DiaGem

Date: 2/28/2009 11:00:25 PM
Author:pjsallday
Ask for a better image...
Ditto, its hard to tell anything with that one, too much glare for one thing.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Please don't take this as *technical* advice about specifications; it's not. For me personally, the length width ratio makes it look too rectangular, resulting in a cutlet that is more rectangular than I prefer. Just an opinion! I'd like to see more pictures, though.
1.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it certainly has promise! It''s so hard with Mark''s pictures because he doesn''t take good ones (but they have actually improved recently!) The picture I got of my stone before I saw it in person was just horrid and the stone is AMAZING in person.

I think the crushed thing is just the picture, but you can ask Mark to be sure. He wants you to be happy, so he will be honest with you. I still haven''t seen him pick a bad/ugly cushion though!

pjsallday

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 9:03:14 AM
Author: Imdanny
Please don't take this as *technical* advice about specifications; it's not. For me personally, the length width ratio makes it look too rectangular, resulting in a cutlet that is more rectangular than I prefer. Just an opinion! I'd like to see more pictures, though.
1.gif

Ya that's the look I was going for. It will be sitting next to two green trillions so I wanted it to stand out a bit. I am pretty excited. I have been looking for a cushion for about a month now. I don't know if I will be able to handle the anticipation of creating the custom ring.
36.gif

pjsallday

Rough_Rock
Here is another pic of it sitting next to two trillion diamonds. I will have them sitting next to two green ones in the final setting.

tillion.jpg

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
It looks fantastic enough to me. It''s not easy taking pics of cushions.
But I can imagine it with green trillion sides. Nice finger width coverage!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I''d love to see more pics, but I think it looks very promising. I love rectangular cushions!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Well then that's great! One of Mark's cushions is really something!
35.gif

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
How come sometimes it looks like ERD takes their cushion pics with a cell phone? I bet it''s a beautiful stone, and I love rectangular cushions. I think just a better photo would help. I like the looks of it so far.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bad lighting, poor angle, images... However, the stone looks promising. It''s hard for me to give it a raving endorsement with the blah images, but it looks like it could be very nice.... I''ll look forward to seeing your pics!!

pjsallday

Rough_Rock
These pics took forever to take and this is the best I could come up with.

CIMG3600.jpg

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Looks pretty to me... I wouldn''t be surprised if it was from the same cutter as mine and scarlet''s. The culet looks the same.
His pics never do his stones justice.

pjsallday

Rough_Rock
Here is the GIA report

1.07 G VVS2 chunky facet.jpg

pjsallday

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 9:52:52 PM
Author: CrookedRock
Looks pretty to me... I wouldn''t be surprised if it was from the same cutter as mine and scarlet''s. The culet looks the same.

His pics never do his stones justice.

I know. These pics aren''t even close to how great it looks in person. I just wish the culet was smaller and the crown angle was a little higher(it seems kinda flatish). I am an engineer though so I can find something wrong with anything
2.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Mark continues to take some of the worst pictures in Pricescope history
25.gif

We should point him to the "how to photograph your diamond" thread.

pjsallday

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 10:23:19 PM
Author: purrfectpear
25.gif

We should point him to the ''how to photograph your diamond'' thread.

Actually those last pictures are from me.
37.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks really nice and it has nice spread which is a great perk!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I like the last picture (I think- it's kind of hard to see it). So do you like it? Without seeing it "doing" something with light and without seeing very clear pictures of it, it's very hard to tell. If you like it, then I guess you have it.
1.gif

Memo to Mark, I love the stones you find, I love the rings you guys make, but, man, please find another way to take pictures. A decent digital camera with a zoom lens costs less than $400, something like Lumix. What's up with the cellphone quality pictures? Your potential customers want to see the thing.
35.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 10:25:09 PM
Author: pjsallday

Date: 3/10/2009 10:23:19 PM
Author: purrfectpear
25.gif

We should point him to the ''how to photograph your diamond'' thread.

Actually those last pictures are from me.
37.gif
I know, I was referring to the initial pic. It''s a standing joke that Mark''s pics never look as good as his diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results