shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Cushion Opinions?

jelyse

Rough_Rock
Long time lurker (well before I made an account), first time poster..

I have a ring on hold, mostly for the diamond itself - however it's overseas and I'm unable to view it in person.. To me it looks great and it's within my budget for a diamond, but I'm not experienced enough with looking at a few pictures and knowing if it's a good buy. If anyone has some advise, that would be wonderful.

The seller has said it's Approx 0.70cts cushion shape diamond, J/k colour, VS clarity although I'm unsure of the grading.

I think my main concern is the black reflections/spots that you can see in some of the pictures - I don't know if that's to be expected with an older cut diamond?

Thank you!

4_101.jpg
3_176.jpg
2_230.jpg
1_435.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
why do you like it?

jelyse

Rough_Rock
I love the shape and how chunky it is. A couple of the images that the seller sent to me show a tinge of blue sparkle as well which to me is very appealing.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those pictures are not HD, but the black circle (to me) looks like the culet reflection. You mentioned additional pictures? Can you post them here? You didn't say the price so we can't know if it's a good value, but I would ask for better pics, and some kind of a return policy.

The setting is really pretty. I think it's called a belcher, but I've not seen one with the scrolls on the profile. Unique.

jelyse

Rough_Rock
@ringo865 - All of the pictures that she sent me were very similar to those ones. The return policy is a no questions asked, I just have to pay the shipping so that would be great. I didn't know the name for that type of setting! That's awesome!! :appl:

Here is a another of the ring closer up.

The ring itself is about $1100 USD plus shipping

6_39.jpg

jelyse

Rough_Rock
ringo865|1449267788|3957584 said:
The setting is really pretty. I think it's called a belcher, but I've not seen one with the scrolls on the profile. Unique.

Just wanted to let you know @ringo865 that I've decided to take a chance on it.. Once I see it in person it will be a lot easier to decide if it's the stone for me, and if not then I've only lost out on the shipping! Thank you for your input :D

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh cool!! Post pics when you have it. I do love the scrolls!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results