shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Cushion Brilliant - Estimated value?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ineedadiamond

Rough_Rock
New to forum - First post

I would love to get everyone''s opinion on what they think this ring/diamond is worth.

Here are the stats:
GIA certified Cushion Brilliant (seller says it is from around the 1930s - was recut before the certification to round out the dimensions). The Report shows an extra facet and one tiny inclusion that is not visible with the loupe.

Carat: 2.13
Clarity: VS1
Color: I

Depth: 59%
Table: 57%

Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Flouresence: Faint
Girdle: medium to very thick
Culet: Medium

Dimensions:8.06x7.82x4.62 (I like that it is pretty much square at 1.03)

Jeweler will be making me a platinum mount based on a mold he already has. It is vintage replica and is hand engraved.

Thoughts on price? I don''t have a picture to post.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''d have to take it to an independent appraiser to get a good idea of value. You can find one by going to the resources tab, then area, etc.

ineedadiamond

Rough_Rock
We plan to do this but was looking for what people thought of the proportions of this diamond. We had been looking at OECs and found this stone so not sure what ideal depth should be etc for a cushion brilliant. Also looking for general estimated value.

Thanks!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Probably the best way to see comparable worth is to go to Old World Diamonds and search for stones with similar stats. They are the only online catalog of stones with enough inventory to get an idea. I can''t wait to see pictures!!

ineedadiamond

Rough_Rock
I will definitely try that - when their site is back up! I am getting a Page Load Error - server taking too long to respond. UGH!!

ETA: Got in - looks like they don't have many GIA certified stones on that site - which makes the prices questionable.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results