shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Brooches/Pins

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's sunny and cold and I was bored so I thought I would do a little photo shoot with my antique brooches. Top to bottom, 1890 Horseshoe brooch, Edwardian Circle Brooch and Art Deco Bar Brooch. My love of these old stones grows with each piece I acquire and new diamonds just don't do it for me anymore.

DSCN6299[1].jpg

DSCN6302[1].jpg

DSCN6316[1].jpg

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Works of art! Sooo beautiful

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Works of art! Sooo beautiful

Thank you nala, there's just nothing quite like the craftsmanship from back then.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
They are all so lovely but that horseshoe is to die for!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
:kiss2: :kiss2: And I totally agree on the old cut stones-they are kinda addictive!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
that bottom one was such a great find
just yesterday i saw a vintage photo (and i wish i had a better memory or had taken a screen shot) of a similar shaped brooch on a royal head scarf

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
It's sunny and cold and I was bored so I thought I would do a little photo shoot with my antique brooches. Top to bottom, 1890 Horseshoe brooch, Edwardian Circle Brooch and Art Deco Bar Brooch. My love of these old stones grows with each piece I acquire and new diamonds just don't do it for me anymore.

DSCN6299[1].jpg

DSCN6302[1].jpg

DSCN6316[1].jpg

Edwardian Circle Brooch is diamond + onyx? Sumptuous!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Each one is so beautiful it must be hard to decide which one to wear.

Thank you, it really is. Sometimes at home I wear several together, lol.
They are all so lovely but that horseshoe is to die for!
Thank you. I'm not normally a horseshoe fan but when I saw this one I had to have it. Plus the store selling it didn't really know what they had. My gain!

that bottom one was such a great find
just yesterday i saw a vintage photo (and i wish i had a better memory or had taken a screen shot) of a similar shaped brooch on a royal head scarf
The bottom one is so special. My jeweler had me as soon as she started the story behind it. Thank you.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All gorgeous!
Thank you!

Edwardian Circle Brooch is diamond + onyx? Sumptuous!
I am so into diamonds and onyx lately. I wear a lot of black and white during the winter months so this one will get a work out. I am on the hunt for a diamond and onyx bracelet. That's proving to be quite hard to come by, however.

lizzydm26

Shiny_Rock
Love all of these! I have several brooches, a few purchased with only the intent to steal the old diamonds. But I wore one recently and loved it! New diamonds don’t do it for me either!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love all of these! I have several brooches, a few purchased with only the intent to steal the old diamonds. But I wore one recently and loved it! New diamonds don’t do it for me either!

Thank you! There's just something about those old cuts that isn't present in the newer ones. Plus I love how they come alive in the lowest of lights.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results