shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Asscher ring by CVB Inspired Design

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a little story behind this ring, so if you just want to see pics, you can skip this part! Earlier in 2016, a PSer named RainbowRadish found a beautiful antique asscher, 2.73 cts, K SI1 and had Jon at GOG call it in and inspect it for her. She is a great antique diamond hunter but could not keep this diamond unless her old one sold, therefore, this one went up for sale. As soon as I saw it on Loupe Troop, I sent an email. But a little while later, I learned that my good friend, Bright Ice, had emailed her before me, so I emailed her again and said I could not make an offer since my friend was interested and had emailed her first.

So Bright Ice bought the diamond and we started having fun thinking about settings for it! But this diamond was quite a bit smaller than her engagement ring diamond, and there had been another very special antique step cut for sale at Jewels by Grace, and it was larger. Bright Ice decided to consider the other diamond before setting this one, and she ended up buying the 3.65 ct antique EC/asscher from Grace. She knew I wanted the antique asscher if she didn’t keep it, so Grace sent the larger stone to Bright Ice, and Bright Ice sent the antique asscher to me!!! I never would have thought I’d do K color or SI1 clarity, but this antique stone handles the color very well, and it is 100% eyeclean. The cut is pretty amazing for a stone around 100 years old, too! Table is 51, it has a nice high crown, and measures 8.4 x 7.75 mm.

Here are a couple of great pictures of the loose diamond (photos by Caysie van Bebber).

_38756.jpg

_38757.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bright Ice immediately sent her stone to Caysie (CVB Inspired Design) to set, and I held on to mine until I met up with Caysie in Vegas. I hadn’t decided on a setting yet, but it was an easy way to give her the stone. After a few months, I decided to use a 1930’s Tiffany ring as my inspiration for my new ring (photo from Walton’s Jewelry).

tiffanyasscher1930scloseup.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Once I decided on the setting style, Caysie drew the design with the changes we decided upon and made CADs. The French cut side stones had to be custom cut and that took awhile, but I really wanted the ring in time for Christmas, so the timing all worked out perfectly! As usual, Caysie and her bench did a phenomenal job, and I so loved working with her! I have to add that I think mine is even better than the original!!! Here are some of Caysie’s beautiful pictures! She even sent the ring in a Tiffany blue box!

cvb2.jpg

_38758.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many thanks to RainbowRadish, Jon, Bright Ice, Grace, and Caysie for having a part in making this ring possible for me! Thanks also to m2b, who is my other long time trusted diamond advisor and friend! Also, I am very lucky to have a really generous husband, who likes me to pick things that I love for gifts!

A couple of flower shots with the only flowers around at Christmas! And that's all I have for now!

2016-12-28_1.jpg

2016-12-28_2.jpg

retroglam

Rough_Rock
This is unbelievably beautiful! Timeless, elegant, classic, just lovely!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful, Diamondseeker! Congratulations! Caysie does lovely work! The ring looks beautiful on you!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is so very beautiful Diamondseeker! I'm so glad you were able to get it. Caysie did a phenomenal job and it is just perfect on your hand! :appl: :appl: :love: :appl: :appl:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That masterpiece is YOUR RING???? :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: OMG I love it! I remember that antique asscher- so glad you got it! It looks beautiful on you, and I am glad you didn't halo, that setting is much more practical and not to mention STUNNING!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much retroglam, luv2sparkle, catmom, and soxfan!

I can hardly believe it's mine! In spite of not ever being able to decide on a setting for the AVR, this one just seems perfect to me!

Just trying to keep up with you, soxfan! ;))

And catmom, oh my gosh, you owe us a thread here, too...pronto!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. That is one beautiful asscher DS!! :love: :love: So wonderful that things all worked out with you and Bright Ice. Sometimes these things are just meant to be. Congratulations! That is a amazing ring. What a merry Christmas this is for you!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1482960347|4110121 said:

I can hardly believe it's mine! In spite of not ever being able to decide on a setting for the AVR, this one just seems perfect to me!

:lol: I just did!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, WOW that is such a gorgeous stone! The setting really complements your antique diamond perfectly too. Well done!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom|1482960747|4110125 said:
diamondseeker2006|1482960347|4110121 said:

:lol: I just did!

We must be on the same wavelength or something!!! :lol:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A merry Christmas indeed!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a feeling this was yours when I saw CvB's IG post since you've hinted at it a couple of times!! :naughty: It truly is a spectacular asscher, I loved the clipped corners and the French cuts you chose!!! :love: enjoy it!!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
This really is supremely stunning, and I agree with you DS, nicer than the original! (Wow- I've been on thepurseforum so long this is very strange and I keep looking on my screen for the multi-quote function...Clearly I didn't find it! :loopy: )

Q

Queenie60

Your rings is beautiful DS. Such a lovely stone and setting and it looks fabulous on your hand. Merry Christmas to you - enjoy it for many years! :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a gorgeous ring in every way DS :love: :love: :love: The diamond, the setting, everything is perfect. And it looks perfectly at home on your finger, shows up so beautifully - enjoy this classic and elegant beauty! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1482960538|4110122 said:
Wow. That is one beautiful asscher DS!! :love: :love: So wonderful that things all worked out with you and Bright Ice. Sometimes these things are just meant to be. Congratulations! That is a amazing ring. What a merry Christmas this is for you!!

Yes, it is funny how things work out sometimes! Thanks so much!

PintoBean said:
A merry Christmas indeed!

ac117 said:
I had a feeling this was yours when I saw CvB's IG post since you've hinted at it a couple of times!! :naughty: It truly is a spectacular asscher, I loved the clipped corners and the French cuts you chose!!! :love: enjoy it!!

bastetcat said:
This really is supremely stunning, and I agree with you DS, nicer than the original! (Wow- I've been on thepurseforum so long this is very strange and I keep looking on my screen for the multi-quote function...Clearly I didn't find it! :loopy: )

Thanks so much, ladies!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness!! All my step cut, vintage dreams rolled into one!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kathley said:
Oh, WOW that is such a gorgeous stone! The setting really complements your antique diamond perfectly too. Well done!

Queenie60|1482962708|4110145 said:
Your rings is beautiful DS. Such a lovely stone and setting and it looks fabulous on your hand. Merry Christmas to you - enjoy it for many years! :wavey:

junebug17 said:
It is a gorgeous ring in every way DS :love: :love: :love: The diamond, the setting, everything is perfect. And it looks perfectly at home on your finger, shows up so beautifully - enjoy this classic and elegant beauty! :appl:

Alex T said:
My goodness!! All my step cut, vintage dreams rolled into one!!

Thanks so much, kathley, Queenie, junebug, and Alex ! :wavey:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely new addition to your budding jewelry collection, DS! :appl: It's my new favorite piece of yours (and there is sooo much to choose from!!!)! :cheeky: The patterning on the antique asscher is TDF and the CVB setting is even better than the original Tiffany repro IMHO! :)) The asscher does not look at all like a K to me in your pics, too! :sun: Can't wait to oogle it in person! :naughty:

Can you indulge us with a comparison shot of this ring with your amazing AVR?! ::)

Also, can't wait to help you on your next project--I'm always at your service anytime! ;))

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG it's stunning! :love: I was wondering what ever became of that beautiful diamond. Glad it stayed in the PS family so we can all enjoy it in pictures. :wavey:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
It's really stunning, DS!! Looks great on your hand, and I also like it better than than the original. Wear it in good health!!!! :love: :appl:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ermagherd, that is AMAZING! :love: what a gorgeous ring and that asscher is just glorious

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new ring is just sheer perfection. A nice change from your solitaire and your sapphire ring I have long admired. Enjoy it, it's gorgeous!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone and art deco design - gorgeous!! :love: personally I think the decision NOT to halo this stunning stone was absolutely the right one. She doesn't need a halo, she's a classic, elegant beauty and she can definitely hold her own! You wear her so well - congratulations!! :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wondered when your new ring would make its PS debut! It is just lovely and I really like the setting you chose for it. I too would love to see a comparison shot with your AVR! I think I much prefer this without a halo; somehow I think it would take away from the faceting. Very beautiful and I am glad you had it for Christmas!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results