shape
carat
color
clarity

another "

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
Another too good to be true?? My friend went to a local diamond dealer who has his office in a bank. There they bought a 1.4 ct princess cut diamond VS1 G color GIA certificate EX EX..for ..... $3000!!! How can that be? This man would have to be taking a loss right? There seems to be SOMETHING wrong with this picture!!! IF not then I want in on the action, but I am worried about the whole blood diamond thing. How can I be sure?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d need to see that GIA certificate to believe it.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
used diamonds are cheaper. i bought my 1.25 pear for 2k

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
I know "used" diamonds are cheaper.. but isn''t EVERYTHING a used diamond? I mean this guy is supposedly a "diamond dealer" with his own legitimate business.. not a "pawn shop" or anything like that. I got an amazing deal buying a pear on ebay as well. But now that I don''t want it, I can''t sell it either!. Even used, I think that''s an amazing deal if all is legit. I hate to ask her to "prove it" but I really want to know!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/10/2007 1:29:05 PM
Author:sistagrl2004
Another too good to be true?? My friend went to a local diamond dealer who has his office in a bank. There they bought a 1.4 ct princess cut diamond VS1 G color GIA certificate EX EX..for ..... $3000!!! How can that be? This man would have to be taking a loss right? There seems to be SOMETHING wrong with this picture!!! IF not then I want in on the action, but I am worried about the whole blood diamond thing. How can I be sure?
If this man would need to "take a loss" for some reason or other....
He would still be able to get significantly more $$$ by offering this Diamond to the closest dealer/jeweler nearest to where he was standing last!!!!!

Story sounds out of reasonable range!!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly -- I''d be worry that it was stolen goods ... perhaps even with an inscribed cert # that would trace back to the original owner. No legit jeweler would touch something like that - so the market is *cough cough* grey.

If the person could get MORE money by selling to anyone "in the know" -- why wouldn''t he?

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/10/2007 5:21:45 PM
Author: decodelighted
Honestly -- I''d be worry that it was stolen goods ... perhaps even with an inscribed cert # that would trace back to the original owner. No legit jeweler would touch something like that - so the market is *cough cough* grey.

If the person could get MORE money by selling to anyone ''in the know'' -- why wouldn''t he?
Deco, there are sooo many reasons that can answer your question...
I will name one potential example (the list is way too long)..., could be enhanced in some way or another..., and it wouldnt pass with a professional trader...

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2007 4:44:00 PM
Author: sistagrl2004
I know 'used' diamonds are cheaper.. but isn't EVERYTHING a used diamond? I mean this guy is supposedly a 'diamond dealer' with his own legitimate business.. not a 'pawn shop' or anything like that. I got an amazing deal buying a pear on ebay as well. But now that I don't want it, I can't sell it either!. Even used, I think that's an amazing deal if all is legit. I hate to ask her to 'prove it' but I really want to know!
i think you answered your own question. you can't sell the used diamonds. get it?

a used 1/4 carat 100 bucks
a used 1/2 carat 500 bucks
a used 1 carat 2000 bucks
a used 1.5 carat 3000 bucks.
a used 2 carat near where i work 6000 bucks

that's the going rate for used stones. see why I buy used?

edited to add: there is a dealer on ebay called mlopros. he has the courage to do what I don't have the courage to do, he goes around buying used rings, knocks the stones out, clean them up well, and sells the loose stones each for, I would guess, 100 dollars profit. every saturday he has a new bunch. guess it's a saturday sideline.

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
Clearly I need to MOVE! I would LOVE to find a 2 ct in that pricerange! I don''t care WHO had it first!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results