shape
carat
color
clarity

Another tsav ring...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''ve just been contacted by one of FI''s groomsman who is dating one of our friends.

He wants to propose to her in Feb next year, which I am so happy about as I know she is hoping he will - but they''ve only been together for 7 months (although friends for 20 years+) so she doesn''t think he will for another year or so.

Anyway - he has asked me to do the ring for him. Yay!

Which means WE all get to do the ring.

She went crazy over mine when she saw it and has mentioned how much she wants a green stone if she ever gets engaged.

So, it''s hunt the tsavorite time again.

I need to send him some setting ideas. I want to do her something gorgeous but not TOO similar to mine, so she has something unique to her.

Sadly time-frame is quite small so I think we need to go with a stock setting (platinum).

She''s very willowy, with long, slim fingers - he thinks she''s about a size 4 or less ring size.

She''s also very sporty, so probably nothing too delicate.

I''d love to halo a tsav, but not sure if she''ll have the finger real-estate to take one.

Ideas anyone - and show me your tsavorite rings that you have hidden away!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a couple of settings I saved during my 5 year search for the perfect tsav setting (and then I chose I red spinel
3.gif
) Can''t figure out how to load multiple pics in a post, sorry.

Breguet.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

th_Interlace142-R02TILR00422100.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

th_Interlude_150-R29TILDR00687100.jpg

milton333

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the look of the "Lady Di" style with a colored gemstone. It's classic, has sort of a halo effect, but is not as fragile/delicate as micro pave. Here is a Hearts on Fire version that I love (can't grab the image from them, sorry). Another angle on it is here. It's about $2300 in platinum, also available in white gold. I've seen this style with a sapphire center stone, think it would look amazing with a tsavorite. The HoF is a bit different, with the two different-sized melee stones. I think it looks like a snowflake. I know it is available for a square cut, as well.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, fun! I''ve been drooling over tsavorites recently on ajsgems and wildfish. Where did yours come from, by the way?

As for your friend, any thoughts on stone size and shape? Does she like traditional or modern styles?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, I like some of those!

She's a modern-classic type of girl I would say. A bit of pave would be fine, but needs to be smooth sleek lines.

I want to stay away from split-shank as there is always the wedding-ring problem. I don't mind as I chose it, but others might so safer not to.

(My tsav came from Wink - which is where I'll go for this stone)

Sadly I cannot drop ANY hints at all, or even ask her about jewellery as she will suspect (I don't see her that often.)

She doesn't wear any jewellery either so I'm flying blind in a way. All I know is that she couldn't take her eyes off mine and said "That's what I want - one like that." So I'm guessing she likes the melee on the shank.

I have suggested either an oval or a cushion to her BF - I'm thinking more oval this time. With such tiny hands I'm guessing just over a carat max - but depends on the setting. Mine is just under 1.5ct and looks quite big on my hand so probably too big for her. (Rings are smaller here in the UK, so a rock that would be normal in the US can look a bit cocktail here. My mother kept saying that mine would be too big to look like an e-ring - till she saw it and agreed it was fine on MY hand!)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
#2 based on your description of her activity and style.

movie zombie

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI Pandora:

In the latest W mag, Hemmerle shows a stunning tsavorite and aqua ring--unfortunately it isn't on their website. Are you going for a single green stone or a combo?

cheers--Sharon

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Single green stone with melee.

I have to play safe as he's going for the surprise ring proposal.
20.gif

I'm thinking a little halo and simple shank that slopes up to the halo nicely. I hate it when the stone just looks plonked on top of the ring.

I need to find a plat setting that will come in around the $2k mark (including melee) as I want to spend a fair bit on the stone and total budget is around $4k.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 10:41:58 PM
Author: Matata
Here''s a couple of settings I saved during my 5 year search for the perfect tsav setting (and then I chose I red spinel
3.gif
) Can''t figure out how to load multiple pics in a post, sorry.
Matata - where did you find this setting? I have been looking for something like that...

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 10:40:39 PM
Author: Selkie
Something like this, from Whiteflash? Halo Bezel ring
Yup, that is the kind of thing I''m after. It will need to take an oval or a cushion though.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I love that one - but sans engraving...

Apparently she''s a bit of a klutz so definitely nothing too delicate.

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
Something like this from Stuller? Doesn''t seem to come in platinum, though, and looks a little bulky.

stuller-71243.jpg

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
I see several nice, non-engraved halos on this page of the Adwar catalog too. No idea if they come in platinum.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Some of them look great! I''m saving that page. I''m sure Wink can find out if they have them in platinum for me.

Thanks!

I''m putting together a load of designs to show M, to see what his thoughts are - I''ve told him I think you need some diamonds with a tsavorite unless it''s a big enough one to hold it''s own - like Movie Zombie''s spess, so I''m only looking at settings with halos.

Anything else will look a little too like my ring and I''m sure she''d like something that is ''hers'' - we all see each other too often!

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
You''re welcome! Glad you liked the ones I pointed out. Be sure to flip forward and backwards a few pages too on that Adwar catalog to see a few more possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results