shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Tiffany thread, sorry but need help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ezwinner701

Rough_Rock
Hi there, my fiance is set on buying a Tiffany ring and we are going to choose one tomorrow. we are going to buy one for around 30k, and i JUST found this site today. i searched a bit around but didn''t find any concrete anyswers but can you guys help me out and what''s the BEST way to choose the right diamond and what i should do?

many thanks!

avlis

Shiny_Rock
the BEST thing to do is wait another week and do some more research and learn more.

whats 1 more week? i dont think tiffany''s is having a clearance sale this week, so nothing will be lost.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2006 10:04:49 PM
Author:ezwinner701
Hi there, my fiance is set on buying a Tiffany ring and we are going to choose one tomorrow. we are going to buy one for around 30k, and i JUST found this site today. i searched a bit around but didn''t find any concrete anyswers but can you guys help me out and what''s the BEST way to choose the right diamond and what i should do?

many thanks!
Is this for a RB?? If so read the tutorials here on CUT tonight.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Go as low on color as you can stand, Go as low on clarity as you can since I don''t think tiffany sells diamonds that aren''t eye-clean. Try and pick the best cut diamond you can. I''m not sure if Tiffany has cut grades on their certificates, but ask to see them anyway. Ask to see the diamond away from the store light and in natural light like near a window. Try shielding it with your hand too. Remember that the deeper a diamond is, the smaller it will look for it''s carat size.

If I were going to get a 30k Tiffany, I''d pick a Lucida ring. Good Luck!
35.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2006 10:42:48 PM
Author: IndieJones
If I were going to get a 30k Tiffany, I''d pick a Lucida ring. Good Luck!
35.gif
ME TOO!!!!!!
3.gif
30.gif

widget

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was just in Tiffany last week and tried on a 28K solitaire. I didn''t ask for the specs but it was gorgeous. If you''re set on tiffanys, you''re not going to find and ugly poorly cut stone there.

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
If you are set on Tiffany and like the RB in classic Tiffany setting, go with I color and VS2 clarity. With that you are get at least a 1.75c. I have an I color 1.35c from Tiffany and it is extremely white.

If you like something that''s more sophisticated, get the Legacy.

Have you checked out a recent Tiffany tread? Here is a link to give you some ideas.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-tiffany-co.52949/

Let us know how it goes. Good luck.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
just take your time and do lots of reading before spending that amount.. You will be very glad you did..

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
I love Tiffany, don''t get me wrong, I do get some jewelry pieces such as pendants and earrings from them. As for engagement rings/solitaire diamonds, I think it will be wiser to wait a while and find out more from this website before plonking 30K down at Tiffany''s.

Before I bought my 1.32GVS2 GIA Triple Excellent diamond, I went shopping at Tiffany''s and Lazare too. I must say my non-branded ideal cut which is at least 40% cheaper does not perform any less, if not better, than Tiffany or Lazare.

The e-rings settings/designs at Tiffany may be beautiful, but i think there are too few designs there. I honestly think that any of the Leon Mege pieces that I see on the forums here are much finer and more beautiful, even breathtaking..

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Any chance you might find what you want (A Tiffany ring) from Signed Pieces in New York? They have a fantastic website with many of the most coveted branded "signed pieces". Check it out, it has been a source of success for many...and for less than retail. Good luck on finding the "right" Tiffany!

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results