shape
carat
color
clarity

another thread about b-pics..do men appreciate them?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
I am considering doing this. I have spoken with several photographers and have found one that I like. My question--=for those of you who have had this done, does your husband/fiance appreciate it? Or for guys lurking do you think this is a nice and thoughtful gift, or do you think it is cheesy? My fiance has everything he wants, and he buys himself anything he wants. I think I would really enjoy doing this, but it''s not about me (obviously).

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you talking about boudoir pics?

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t imagine a guy NOT being thrilled to receive this. I know my guy will be. Think glamor, not ****...it takes away the cheese factor
12.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Um...I honestly did it more for myself than anything. My photog was running a special and I loved her b pics so I did it. She sent me a preview that night and they are amazing! I plan on giving them to fiance on our wedding day but I don''t know how much he will appreciate it. I think it will be cool some day to show them to my grandkids but really, I''m just glad I did it for myself.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
yes! boudoir pics! emerald-im the same way! i know i would love it and i would enjoy having them in the future, but i cant justify spending this kind of money on something right now unless it is a gift for my fiance....and if it''s a gift then i want to make sure it''s something he really would appreciate.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I totally hear that. My photog was running a special which is why I decided to do it. Her special fell into my price range I was willing to pay regardless if he liked them or not. I do plan on getting them in a nice book to give to him the day of wedding. My thought is, he better appreciate them! lol. Who is the photog you are looking at?

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
lol thats exactly what my friend said when i told her....."why would he not like that??" im considering:

http://rawphotodesign.com/blog/?cat=28

aren''t his pictures beautiful? the package i am considering includes a hair/makeup professional. his prices are pretty reasonable too.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
i think his work is really artistic and he makes all of the woman look beautiful!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
coco--Those photos are beautiful.

I imagine most men would very much appreciate boudoir pictures.
31.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I forgot, you are in the nyc area, right? His work is good and if the prices are right, why not?? The hair and makeup is a def. I am so happy that I had it done. I used my wedding photographer.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fi pretty much has everything he wants, so for me this was a unique thing that I KNEW he didn''t have. He hasn''t seen the pics yet, but I think he''ll love it. I also think it''s important to say that I had them taken as much for me as I did for him. Regardless of whether he loves and appreciates them, I know I''ll love them and I''ll have that feeling forever.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 8:12:14 PM
Author: cocolaw
lol thats exactly what my friend said when i told her.....''why would he not like that??'' im considering:

http://rawphotodesign.com/blog/?cat=28

aren''t his pictures beautiful? the package i am considering includes a hair/makeup professional. his prices are pretty reasonable too.

I think he will love it
9.gif
I''m married already, but maybe will be a good idea for our 1 anniversary
31.gif
I''m the NYC area, would you mind to share around how much will cost?. I was trying to look in the site, but I could not find it
8.gif

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
sure!! this is actually in CT....i think its worth a short train ride if you decide to go with him!

I would be going with the $450 package...here are his options:

Package 1

* 2 hour session

* on-site make up artist and stylist

* unlimited outfits

* unlimited images
* 30 images professionally retouched
* online gallery with password and $50 print credit
* $450

Package 2

* 2 hour session
* unlimited outfits
* unlimited images
* online gallery with password

* DVD of images
* $550

Package 3

* 2 hour session
* unlimited outfits
* unlimited images
* 8x8 digital coffee table album
* $550

Package 4

* 2 hour session
* unlimited outfits
* unlimited images
* 8x8 leather art book album
* $750

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
oh wow emerald!! your photographer is amazing

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
thanks! She rocks and she made me feel so comfortable that day. That is one thing I would totally want. I really felt like me. Anway...I wish I could show you the pics. Just don''t feel comfy posting them on ps eventhough they are very tastefull. I can''t wait to see the whole on line gallery.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
i bet!! iw ould not be able to stand the wait. when do you get to see the whole online gallery?

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
hopefully either this week or next. I did them a week ago. She uploaded all of the untouched pics to her computer while I was there and I got to see them but there were soo many of them I didn''t get a close look, just the whole gallery. But the preview she sent me, I almost fell over. I look haut!!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 9:33:04 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
I look haut!!

Maybe if we''re lucky there will be one or two pics that are PS appropriate?

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wow this looks like SOOOOOOOOOO much fun! I have never heard of someone doing this in real life. I wish I had, so I could hear my fiance''s perspective on it. I''m pretty sure he would think it was weird, and would know full well that I had only done it because it was fun for ME.
9.gif

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never really heard of this before.. but i''m in Australia so maybe it isn''t as common over hear.

I''m a size 12 (US size 8) and I don''t think I''d have the confidence to strip down to my intimates infront of a photographer, i''m rather shy
20.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I mentioned this to D and he wasn''t actually too fond of the idea. I''m sure in his head he imagined it as more page 3 than classy photos but he thought the idea was weird. I''d be tempted to get them done though some time in the future, especially as I''ve lost over 40 lbs.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 10:11:33 PM
Author: mayachel

Date: 5/14/2009 9:33:04 PM
I look haut!!

Maybe if we''re lucky there will be one or two pics that are PS appropriate?
They are all pretty appropriate but FH hasn''t seen them yet so you guys would have to wait till September.
emsad.gif
I think he''ll be more surprised that I did it.

As for being comfortable regardless of size, this is why it is so important that you find a photog that you love and trust. I was killing myself in the gym and my photog told me that it dosen''t really matter. Well, I guess it does to a degree but she doesn''t always photograph the whole body and she can easily slim people in photoshop. I brought a ton of outfits and she photographed 4. Two of them were me in dresses and one I was actually wearing heals. Those I could definatley post when I get them all though the last one with heals we really did more because the dress was so awesome.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 9:20:17 PM
thanks! She rocks and she made me feel so comfortable that day. That is one thing I would totally want. I really felt like me. Anway...I wish I could show you the pics. Just don't feel comfy posting them on ps eventhough they are very tastefull. I can't wait to see the whole on line gallery.
Totally understood. You just motivated me to go for it and get it done for my fiance too!
1.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I would totally love to get these done for MH- I know he would appreciate them
31.gif
. I was going to give them to him for our 1 yr anni, but that came and went. I still want to get them done, but I need to spend some *serious* time at the gym first. I know they can retouch the photos afterwards, but still!!!

EM1- If you dont mind me asking, how much does AG charge for her b-pics? She does gorgeous work!!!! I checked into her when we were looking for a photographer for our wedding, but she was booked on my day!!!!
8.gif

nyc7782

Rough_Rock
EM1 (and anyone else in NYC)--who is your photog that took the pics if you don''t mind my asking? I''m sort of interested in this (and sort of scared!) but my photog is in new england so I''d need to find somewhere here. Thanks!

nyc7782

Rough_Rock
ha i did not read this thread carefully-saw you already posted your photog. gorgeous photos! anyway, sorry!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 9:08:06 AM
Author: Dani
I would totally love to get these done for MH- I know he would appreciate them
31.gif
. I was going to give them to him for our 1 yr anni, but that came and went. I still want to get them done, but I need to spend some *serious* time at the gym first. I know they can retouch the photos afterwards, but still!!!

EM1- If you dont mind me asking, how much does AG charge for her b-pics? She does gorgeous work!!!! I checked into her when we were looking for a photographer for our wedding, but she was booked on my day!!!!
8.gif
Dani...She was running a special when I booked her at $250. Isn''t that crazy? I think normally she charges $500. However, you have to buy the images from her and I can''t remember how much they are at the moment. I think I paid $250 for 10 upfront and may get more from her later on. She keeps all the images forever, I asked. I also got my hair and makeup done which were so necessary. I''ll send you the preview picture via other ave.

NYC...AG is soooooo amazing. She is so worth the money.

Jen_91909

Shiny_Rock
I hadn''t heard of b-pics until I was browsing the project wedding forums one day (they seem to be pretty popular among some of the ladies there). One brave soul had posted some of hers, and I commented out loud something about wow, I didn''t realize people did this for wedding gifts. My fiance was next to me, looked at the screen, looked at me and said "I would love something like that as a wedding gift." Enough said- it never came up again, but I set up arrangements and did my shoot a few weeks ago. I''m not going to lie, I''m thrilled he said that since I found it to be sort of a gift for myself as well as for him. I got my proofs a few days ago and am quite happy with them. I say go for it!

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
the "that''s weird" response is exactly what i''m worried about!! i think i know my fiance well enough to know that he would like them.....but it''s hard to tell because i have never given him anything like this before!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results