shape
carat
color
clarity

ANOTHER Simulated Light Return reading? (please?)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stonecold

Rough_Rock
I too just purchased a stone that I examined many times in person and loved, but would be very interested to see simulated light return pics/stats also, if it''s not too much to ask. The vitals:

1.63 carat, D color, SI1;

Dimensions: 7.55 x 7.59 x 4.60 mm

Depth: 60.8 %

Table: 59.8 %

Crown Angle: 34.6*

Pavillion Angle: 40.6*

Culet: 0.8 %

Girdle: medium to slightly thick (1.7% - 2.4%)

Polish: Very Good

Symmetry: Very Good

Thanks so much for your help!

Stonecold

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Hi StoneCold. Nice stone you've got there. It's Light Return Analysis and simulated IdealScope image from the DiamCalc software are not bad at all!

The numbers follow:

Light Return Mono…….....Very Good 0.99
Light Return Stereo……….Very Good 0.96
(Non) Leakage Mono……...Very Good to Good 0.91
(Non) Leakage Stereo…….Very Good to Good 0.93
Contrast………….......…....Very Good to Good 0.94
(Non) Fisheye Effect……..Very Good 1.00

-----------
IdealScope- In general, the darker pink areas indicate areas of greater light return, with the lighter pink areas indicating areas of lesser light return. The black areas indicate areas of greater contrast, with the gray areas indicating areas of lesser contrast. The white areas indicate areas of light leakage. A good explanation of the IdealScope image along with examples can be found at https://www.pricescope.com/idealscope_indx.asp

Disclaimer- The facet arrangement and symmetry of the image will probably vary from your actual diamond, which may affect the light performance indicated, sometimes dramatically. The image shown has perfect symmetry, which is rare, and the star facet/lower girdle facet lengths may vary from your diamond. The computer simulation is reproduced best when the actual diamond is being viewed and the image "tweaked" to the appearance of the diamond, or when the Sarin data is downloaded directly into the program. However, this "blind" reproduction should be helpful in indicating the major light performance aspects.
-----------

1.63 RBC- StoneCold.jpg

stonecold

Rough_Rock
Thanks Richard, much appreciated! This stone scores a 1.5 on the HCA. In the end, it looks great to me, so I'm happy. Thanks again for you help.
appl.gif

Stonecold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results