shape
carat
color
clarity

Another review on Eternity Diamonds

Billy Mays

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, I got back from my honeymoon and I was busy writing reviews for the hotels so I figured why not write one for the Jeweler :)

I found Yoni on pricescope and did a little research to make sure both him and pricescope were not some elaborate scam. This was my earlier review on Eternity by Yoni (eternitybyyoni.com):
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/review-my-experience-working-with-yoni-at-eternity-diamonds.181675/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/review-my-experience-working-with-yoni-at-eternity-diamonds.181675/[/URL]

Engagement Ring
Last time I spent a lot of time looking at rings from various designers for inspiration. I had bought the stone from Yoni but I wasn't sure if I wanted to get the ring from him. I spent a lot of time on here reading about hand forged and the guys you all recommended for hand forged. I really liked Steven Kirsch's work. It was really delicate and quite nice. One other guy who was recommended I didn't get along with; that's all I will say about that. And I liked ERD but it just didn't work out. Just like with the stone, I was OCD about the setting and had looked at hundreds in stores, online, custom, etc. and was driving myself insane.

Hand forged or casting?
I went back to Yoni and told him I wanted to do the hand forged and he told me he could have it done for me. It was sorta similar to the conversation I had with ERD - they both have a maker who works on big name jewelry and does great work, yada yada. The price was by far the lowest I got on hand forged (much less than the others). I called up David Wolf, the appraiser, to get his view on hand forged and ultimately decided not to do it (price was one factor but if you haven't figured it out, I am highly controlling and can't stomach the thought of not having at least some CADs to make sure it would be what I was hoping). Some days I kick myself over this because I love the thought of something being completely hand made and maybe it could have even been more thinner...but I am told by the wife to shut up and that's where it ends.

As for the price on casting, Yoni was less by a small amount but a few times I got some strange remarks from other guys that made me decide it's just easier to have everything done by one person. So this meant lots of sitting with Yoni, him pulling his hair, me making him look over and over at pictures from multiple designers, coming up with some sort of strange Frankenstein ring combining various designs, and him ultimately getting me to pull back to something simpler. I put up the CADs on here and you were all so very helpful (honestly, it was kind of you). I also asked you guys how to make it stronger (what kind of platinum alloy to use I think) and he told me all your recommendations were his standard. Ultimately I wanted a delicate but elegant "antique" look.

Finally I got the ring. When I took it to David Wolf he remarked that it was one of the best casting jobs he had seen and told me to stop worrying about hand forging. I figured that was as good of an endorsement as any. I bought an antique silver box and put the ring in that (Yoni's box is what she uses to store it since it's less fragile). We flew to Paris, I proposed in one of the gardens and that was that.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d73/libtemp1234/stone/DSC_0054_zpseb893b90.jpg~original

Diamond necklace
Since then I got really busy with life but my mother wanted to buy my fiancé (now wife) a necklace for the shower. Well, I got crazy again and visited all the big designers and really liked the American Beauty by Kwiat and the wreath necklaces at Harry Winston. Yoni and I looked at multiple casts that were wreath like and he tried to source the stones to fit but I guess the marquis and pear shaped stones take a lot more time to match and cost much much muccccccch more. So that was a few weeks out the window and we decided to just do a graduated round stone tennis necklace (I think it's called a tennis). I went home and gave Yoni a call with bad news: "I need it by tomorrow". Given that I wasn't invited to the shower I wasn't exactly the best with dates. He laughed and said no problem and I picked it up the next day and my mother felt particularly proud given all the "oohs" and "aaahs". By the way, I also spent 2 hours deciding on the box it should go in. Color, material, etc. I haven't had this appraised but we need it insured so I will have to figure out if I can get insurance without an appraisal or if I need it.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d73/libtemp1234/stone/DSC_0086_zpsd02f20b1.jpg~original

Wedding bands
So 2 week before the wedding I call Yoni up again. "Yoni, I need bands". My fiancé (now wife) and I spent time again looking at pictures on the internet and in stores and ultimately went with simple mil grain. We wanted rose gold and matching. Her platinum ring stands out more against the rose gold also. They were die struck to make them stronger since we went with thin designs. We got the rings 2 or 3 days before the wedding and they looked great. I think when I am a little less busy I might take her ring in to get it thinned a little bit though but not a big deal.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d73/libtemp1234/stone/DSC_0077_zps6d9604a8.jpg~original

I figure a lot of guys ask for advice and never show how it all turned out or provide pictures, etc. Well hopefully this helps some other guys that had to go through this terrible (I mean great) process and if you are a seasoned veteran who is looking for someone new to try or better prices, try Yoni.

Billy Mays

Rough_Rock
I can try and take better pictures if those don't work but hopefully they do.

Did I do OK? :)

delight

Shiny_Rock
I think you did very well. Not a lot of people will put in so much effort to buy a diamond ring. Your efforts paid off.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings! And what a lucky lady to have so generous a mother in law!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results