shape
carat
color
clarity

Another please help this kitty thread...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to impose again but it is for the good of a sweet kitty. And I am reaching out to everyone I know and sharing it with as many people as I can in order to save this sweet kitty.

He is 5 months old. He is Feline leukemia positive. My parents had him neutered and vaccinated and he is in good health other than being FeLV+. He is ridiculously personable. He loves people and is an indoor kitty. He is sweet and charming and social and craves human contact. My parents have many cats of their own all of whom are negative for FeLV and despite my parents now vaccinating their cats for the feline leukemia virus there is still a 30% chance of their cats catching the virus. So my parents are keeping him on their finished basement away from their cats and my dad is spending as much time with him as possible because he loves the attention and company.

They cannot keep him like this forever because of the risk to their cats. He would be best in a home with another FeLV+ cat or a home with no cats. He truly is a great cat full of personality. We are of course looking into all options but best for him would be a family to adopt him and not a shelter situation. He loves people and loves the one on one interaction. He is sugar sweet.

Thanks for reading this and again I'm sorry to post another please help the kitty thread and I appreciate you taking the time to read and helping find him a good home. He is a good cat. I promise you that.

_6150.jpeg

_6151.jpeg

_6152.jpeg

_6153.jpeg

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Awww.... looks like a sweet kitty. I will cross my fingers he finds a good home =)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks momhappy.

2 more pics from just this minute.

img_12906.jpg

img_12907.jpg

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy

That face. OMG.

(and I love love love that your parents are animal lovers too. I should have guessed. :)

Remember to mention location/whereabouts.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is Sooo... Cute!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you CJ and Pinto!

CJ, thank you for the reminder. My parents are in Brooklyn and are willing to do what is necessary if there is a good home for him somewhere further away so location not a major consideration. And LOL yeah they are bigger animal lovers than me maybe. :cheeky:
Life would be so much easier if we didn't love fur babies like we do yanno? I know you kwim. The heartache is just incredible and well sometimes I think how much easier life would be if we didn't care so much. ::)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a sweetie Missy!! I wish I lived closer. DH will just need to get the allergy shots.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJSmom, if your dh is willing to get immunotherapy let me know and I'll come in person to bring the kitty to you guys. :cheeky:
And you know that's saying something considering I loathe flying. Terrified in fact. But I'd risk it if you guys wanted to adopt him because I know you would give him an awesome home. Plus if I remember correctly your DS would love adopting a sweet kitty. Just sayin. 8)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd tag along, Missy - I need a vacation!!! :dance:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean said:
I'd tag along, Missy - I need a vacation!!! :dance:

You're on! :appl: 8-)

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
What a sweet cat, Missy! So cute. Those eyes!

I hope this kitty finds a forever home soon.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, he's so handsome. He looks dignified and refined.

I hope he'll soon be in a forever home with lots of love and attention.

Missy,
Loving animals can be heartbreaking when we're unable to do all that we want for the animal, but caring motivates us to do what we can. I know you're well aware of the love and joy of being with animals and, thankfully, the wonderful times outnumber the ones that don't end well.

By the way, what's the name of this young lad?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you iwantsparkle and december fire!

December-Fire, I left his name out because it is confusing. My parents named him Zeke which you might remember is the name of one of J's cats I was trying to find a home for last month. My mom didn't know Js cats names so it was a complete coincidence. I thought it might be confusing to have 2 cats with the same name that I was posting to find homes for and that is why I didn't mention his name. Thanks for asking though and hopefully it won't be confusing now that I explained it. LOL I don't know anyone with the name Zeke and now in the last 2 months I know 2 Zekes. Both kitties. Cannot make this stuff up.

Still searching for Zeke's furever home! Anyone out there who doesn't have any cats but would love to adopt/rescue a sweet as sugar kitty to add to your wonderful family? Cats are amazing family members...just saying. :love: :appl:

Please consider it. Zeke is a sweet fur baby full of personality and charm and love. :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just updating this thread for any of you who are interested.

My parents decided to bring Zeke upstairs and integrate him with the rest of the family. They couldn't bear leaving him downstairs alone for most of the day anymore and there was no one else willing to adopt him. So they are taking a risk and one I don't think I would have taken but it is their decision obviously.

Their other cats have been inoculated (twice) against FeLV but there is a 30% chance it will be transmitted to one of their healthy cats. :cry:

Anyway Zeke has been upstairs with everyone for the last 3 weeks and they are all loving each other and enjoying each other's company. He is a loving sweet baby.

Thank you to all who tried helping and to all of you who care. (((HUGS))).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results