shape
carat
color
clarity

Another option- GOG 2.73ct emerald cut! Help please

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
I just saw this on GOGs website and whilst I'm in the loose process of tweaking cads for my new ring here in Australia, I'm not actually locked in to the stone.

I see the table is quite large for an emerald cut but hoped for some input as I'm no expert.

_785.png

_786.png

_787.png

_788.png

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
David at GOG has said its light performance is amazing and he cannot find the inclusion to his naked eye both indoors or in sunlight. He is going to make a video for me which I'll post here.

Would love an experts opinion on the aset and also on the numbers.....

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although I am not an expert, I think that stone looks very beautiful. I also love it in the current ring.

What do you have in mind for your setting?

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, it does look lovely, I'm thinking of a halo and loose the rest or a three stone but not any diamond on shank at this point.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also not an expert but a lover of ECs. It's stunning! To me...

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Mayk! Thank you - it does look beautiful but I'm such a novice.... Hoping gypsy Etc will stumble across this :) this stone seems a simile price, better clarity and bigger than the other stone I'm pending setting so I've stalled it all until I'm sure!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
That's a beautiful stone! :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's not the style of emerald I prefer. But it's a nice stone of it's style.

What did you think of it from the video?

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
I thought it was nice but not totally spectacular. I also thought I saw a hint of color and I am sensitive to it....

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't love it. The large table is very distracting to me. There are a couple spots near the center that consistently don't seem to light up. I too notice the color. I can't tell if that is from the stone or because of where they are. If that is from the stone itself, I would want a higher color. However, the setting is gorgeous.

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
Not my favorite. I'm a small table, higher crown kinda gal. The glare from that table would bother me.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't like the large table.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
I think I'll rule this out and focus on the 2.32ct - thanks for all your input!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results