Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Another one bites the dust

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 18, 2007
Messages
6,099
Once again, a thread disappears. (Since no one contacted me, I assume I'm not to blame.)

Are we simply incapable of having a conversation? Does it always have to be 100% a love fest here?

Or is it because someone has to complain when the conversation starts poking fun at their 'sacred cows' ?

And you wonder why people don't post like they used to . . .

Here's a prime example.

We wouldn't want to actually hash anything out, get it out in the open, deal with it, answer some questions, get some answers, call people on their behavior, and clean the slate.

Nope. Sweep the garbage under the rug. Maybe it won't begin to rot and stink. Oops, too late.

What happened? Someone name names? Here's a thought . . . some of us have always known. It's a little late for clean up on aisle 5.
 

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
10,763
I was sad to see it gone. I didn't name names, but I did "yell". I thought for the most part it was a good discussion. Not everyone will agree with the topic or wants to rehash but it's still relevant. Taking discussions to other forums or on FB kills this place faster, which is in a low cycle right now, and is why I kept mentioning that.
 

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 1, 2007
Messages
12,111
Pretty sure we had that conversation for quite a while...and it's been had so many times before. I also don't see how talking about old drama and why PS is in decline over and over again does anything to enhance participation here, so I don't blame the mods for deleting it.

If people want PS to be how it used to be, they should post here. The end.
 

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 1, 2007
Messages
12,111
ame|1315857077|3015932 said:
I was sad to see it gone. I didn't name names, but I did "yell". I thought for the most part it was a good discussion. Not everyone will agree with the topic or wants to rehash but it's still relevant. Taking discussions to other forums or on FB kills this place faster, which is in a low cycle right now, and is why I kept mentioning that.
Again, you (and apparently Holly) are the ONLY posters who seem to think it's still relevant. Everyone else seems to think people should let it go. And again, you're not a moderator so your opinion doesn't really matter.
 

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
10,763
Doesn't matter to whom? You? In the same breath, your opinion that it should just "go away" doesn't matter much to me.
 

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 25, 2007
Messages
7,378
Completely missed it. But I do agree with Thing2. Post here if you want PS to be active and a great place.
 

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
10,763
dragonfly411|1315857401|3015943 said:
Completely missed it. But I do agree with Thing2. Post here if you want PS to be active and a great place.
Which is why I am.
 

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Joined
May 23, 2010
Messages
6,731
thing2of2|1315857113|3015934 said:
Pretty sure we had that conversation for quite a while...and it's been had so many times before. I also don't see how talking about old drama and why PS is in decline over and over again does anything to enhance participation here, so I don't blame the mods for deleting it.

If people want PS to be how it used to be, they should post here. The end.
I agree.

I don't know what any of that stuff is about, and I'm not sure a whole lot of people do. It's kind of exclusionary, like an inside joke.

I'm just here to have a pleasant time. . . :wink2:
 

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
21,845
HollyS|1315856621|3015924 said:
Are we simply incapable of having a conversation? Does it always have to be 100% a love fest here?
Gee, Holly, the first one is a good question. When I popped in here this morning and saw the thread that has now been deleted, I wondered about that! As for the your second question...I can't answer that right now. Every time I try to do so, I am overcome with uncontrollable choking and coughing.

Your friend,
Deb
:read:
 

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Trade
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
1,376
Discussions are welcome and encouraged, fighting and name calling are not.

Threads are removed or closed at our discretion based on violation of our policies which are available at the bottom of any forum page for those who may wish to read them.

https://www.pricescope.com/content/forum-policies

If we remove threads we welcome emails from users and will freely give out information, but please do not start new threads rehashing threads that are closed or removed as they will swiftly be removed as well.

Thank you for your cooperation. This thread is now closed for new discussion.
 
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    November’s Jewels Of The Weeks
    November’s Jewels Of The Weeks
    Upgrade to Five-Stone
    Upgrade to Five-Stone
    Elizabeth Taylor's Diamond Heart
    Elizabeth Taylor's Diamond Heart

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top