shape
carat
color
clarity

Another newcomer looking for advice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miss_Cupcake

Rough_Rock
Hello from another newbie! I have been lurking for a while and have learned so much here already, and I think we are getting close to making a purchase.

Now of course, I have some questions for all you experts! I really want a square shaped diamond with a fishtail pave band (kind of like the Tiffany Novo style). When I first came here, I thought that all squares were princess cut. Boy was I wrong! Anyway, I think I have decided on a square hearts and arrows, or maybe a jubilee. GOG has both of these in stock. I really would like to have something in the range of 1 ct, but with a budget of $4000, this might not be realistic. The only thing I am sure about is I want a great cut-diamond. I don’t really care about how it looks under a loupe, I am really just concerned with it being eye-clean. I found these two stones on GOG website.

I am thinking that the 0.8 is the better bet, but part of me is lured by the larger but less quality 0.97 ct. What do you all prefer?

Also, I really like the petite open cathedral setting from WF (though I can’t see it on their website anymore?). My question is can I or should I get a diamond from GOG, and a setting from WF. I could get GOG to custom make the setting, but I am worried about it becoming too costly. We have budgeted ~$1000 for the setting.

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments!!!

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/4442/

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2105/

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
I would get the larger one. Not in the "if I were you" sense either, I have looked at this stone before, love it, would personally buy it if it were in the budget. Just promise me if you do buy it, you'll come back with lots of pictures for me to drool on.
5.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
The links you supplied are for cushions. Are you looking for a cushion or a square stone? I love the Princess of Hearts. 0.91ct I SI1

I am not expert on cushions so I won''t comment on your selections.

I see no reason not to buy your stone from one vendor and send it to WF for the setting. If WF has the exact setting you want it makes sense to get it. Plus they have matching bands for many of their ering styles.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Visually I prefer #1.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2009 8:09:33 PM
Author:Miss_Cupcake
Hello from another newbie! I have been lurking for a while and have learned so much here already, and I think we are getting close to making a purchase.

Now of course, I have some questions for all you experts! I really want a square shaped diamond with a fishtail pave band (kind of like the Tiffany Novo style). When I first came here, I thought that all squares were princess cut. Boy was I wrong! Anyway, I think I have decided on a square hearts and arrows, or maybe a jubilee. GOG has both of these in stock. I really would like to have something in the range of 1 ct, but with a budget of $4000, this might not be realistic. The only thing I am sure about is I want a great cut-diamond. I don’t really care about how it looks under a loupe, I am really just concerned with it being eye-clean. I found these two stones on GOG website.

I am thinking that the 0.8 is the better bet, but part of me is lured by the larger but less quality 0.97 ct. What do you all prefer?

Also, I really like the petite open cathedral setting from WF (though I can’t see it on their website anymore?). My question is can I or should I get a diamond from GOG, and a setting from WF. I could get GOG to custom make the setting, but I am worried about it becoming too costly. We have budgeted ~$1000 for the setting.

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments!!!

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/4442/

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2105/
Welcome Miss Cupcake,

They both look promising but the first thing to do is to check very carefully with Jon at GOG whether the I1 clarity diamond is eyeclean to your standards, so I would make sure of that before proceeding.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 8:13:49 AM
Author: Lorelei

Welcome Miss Cupcake,

They both look promising but the first thing to do is to check very carefully with Jon at GOG whether the I1 clarity diamond is eyeclean to your standards, so I would make sure of that before proceeding.
Ditto!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results