shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MICK

Rough_Rock
Ok Diamond Experts, I humbly ask you a question and ask for your help. I was shown a Princess Cut, 2.14 carat, depth 67.8, table 69, girdle medium, culet none, polish very good, symmetry good, clarity grad vs1, color grade F, fluorescence none, 7.24 x 7.24 x 4.9, crown, 40.7mm - 10.1%, pav. 58.3mm 55.5%. I was quoted at 17k - is this too much??

I was also shown a similar diamond but 2.0, VS2, E, and medium blue flu - priced at 14,080?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to the forum, Michael
1.gif

Do they have grading report (certificate)?

The first stone numbers look very good, perfect square and AGA class 1B.

Assuming they have GIA reports, prices sound reasonable too.

MICK

Rough_Rock
Thanks, I was concerned about the Crown and Pavilion numbers - are they off a bit.

MICK

Rough_Rock
One other question, can you get the stone appraised after it has been set? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
One other question, can you get the stone appraised after it has been set?
----------------
Yes but stone grading cannot be as accurate as for loose stone.

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hello Mick,

When you take your diamond ring to be appraised, give the appraiser the certificate at the same time. That way he/she can check to make sure the diamond and the cert are the same and he can do an accurate and complete appraisal.
Yes, he/she can do an excellent appraisal with your diamond set and if you give him/her the cert there is no problem with grading it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results