shape
carat
color
clarity

another NEWBIE post!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JulielovesTodd

Rough_Rock

just found this website last night, and it is awesome! Great info and not just another sales site! I''ve already learned a lot, just reading on how important the CUT is!

My fiance and I just started looking at rings, just trying to get an idea of what we like -- settings, stones, etc... We like the look of a RADIANT center stone, with trillion side stones, set in platinum, preferably with an antique-y finish...

We found the following (see pic below) at a sales site (Solomon Bros), and were quoted a price at almost half the price ($2500 v. the 4000 listed) by the contact there, for the setting (no center stone - they can make to mount the radiant center stone) -- with trillion side stones of approx. .50Cts. in G color and VS1 clarity. Does this seem right? Does this seem reasonable? I don''t have any info on the "cut", is this a gotcha for side stones? Sorry if I''ve not posted enough info, but I''m too excited to go into gathering mode yet!!!!! Thanks in advance for the input!

53030.JPG

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Julie, are you out there? I can't believe no one replied to this. Wish I had something useful for you but I'm in your shoes too. Not a pro just a shopper.

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
I think radiants would like great flanked by trillions. That setting has a lot of engraved workmanship and with 0.5 ctw in sidestones the price sounds reasonable. As for the cut of the trillions, not sure. At about 25pts each, is it worth the trouble...I'd be interested in hearing the answer. I think if you asked them to try to best match the trillions with your center stone you would be fine. I think solomon bros cuts a lot of their own stones (or atleast that what it says on their site, correct me if I'm wrong) and they have a lot ACTUALLY in their inventory.

I'm also curious to see how it all worked out for you, please follow up.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hey Julie~

Check out the Trade Shop website. TS is a Price Scope vendor that custom makes rings. They have a ton of pics of projects from other people and rings they design themselves. Maybe even email them a copy of your pic of this ring and see what they say. They should be able to answer your question about adapting the head of the set you've seen. They might be able to set you up in something very similar prepped for the cut style you are looking for. Just go to the vendors page and click on their link. Their workmanship has received very high praise on the PS forum.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results