shape
carat
color
clarity

Another newb with some questions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gabriel

Rough_Rock
Boy oh boy where to start. Okay, I''m currently looking for a engagement ring for my gf (of coarse huh :razz:). I have looked at bluenile.com, and many other places for prices (including local stores). I have read about the 4 C''s, read many from places such as bridaltips.com, here, and a few other sites. I have came to the conclusion that the prices online are very hard to beat, they seem to be up to 600 dollars cheaper. Ok, i am looking to spend up to $2500 for the diamond and ring (thats why im posting most peps seem to be buying diamonds for $5000+. Her ideal ring is a princess cut diamond. THe ring itself (she would like) to have baggets or diamonds on the side of it. THe prob im running into is finding a combo to be under 2500. OH and prefer plat. Another option i have thought about is just getting a plat solitare. DOes anyone have any tips or places i could go to look for such rings? Plz help and im sorry if this doesnt make much sense (lack of sleep, stress...)
THX so much for your time

gabriel

Rough_Rock
Boy after re-reading that you would never know that im in my last semester of college :razz:. WHat shabby work, im sorry but thx for your time.

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
Have you decided on any of the other factors? You can probably meet your goals if all you want is a platinum ring with bagettes and a center princess cut diamond, but you're missing the most important factors about your diamond. I bet we can find you a poorly cut .2ct M color I3 stone that doesn't cost you too much
1.gif

You might also want to consider white gold instead of platinum, and put that savings into a better quality center stone.

gabriel

Rough_Rock
Ok once agian im sorry left out all the important stuff (after 2 reads!!!)
Here is what i would really like a princess cut stone with very good cut, prefer color D-H, clarity no VS1-Sl1, and carat around .5 or so. Yes i would prefer plat but i might have to go with white gold, maybe even a white gold solitare, thx for the response so fst. Basically, my biggest prob is the ring, i am doing ok finding diamonds that meet my critiria, but rings im not. OH, and i will absolutly get em appraised. THx agian ONe last thing, she is very active with horseback riding, camping, and she is currently working at a daycare so she cant have anything to high where it might snag, scratch, etc.
1.gif

Edit: after doing some more research, is worth getting a 1500 ring appreased, i have now read several places that said it is not worth it if it has a GIA cert. Is this true???

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Welcome to the Forum Gabriel;

May I make a suggestion.:) Buy a nice solitare in white gold with a respectible size and quality princess diamond.
Later, after you are out of school and making the big bucks you two can get together and pick out the perfect platinum ring with baguettes and everything.
good luck

slmulkey

Shiny_Rock
I did a quick search on dirtcheapdiamonds.com and found a couple of platinum settings with ~.25 ctw in bagettes for $900-1000. That would leave you about 1500 for the diamond, which should be plenty to get you a 1/2 ct princess cut diamond, possibly even a little bit larger, that fits your quality specifications. Check out their site and the other vendors that are listed on this site. You should also read up on the cut aspect of princess shaped diamonds that is listed on this site.

If you switch to white gold with no side diamonds, you will be able to afford a larger center stone. Pay attention to what your girl wants though, some people really like platinum as opposed to white gold. As far as upgrading the setting later on, that just depends on your feelings about that. Some people have no problem with that, but my fiance would freak out if I ever suggested changing my ring.

Happy Shopping!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results