shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Mall Disappointment

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Adrienne

Shiny_Rock
Over here in Seattle there doesn''t seem to be many local options to view any of the spiffy branded diamonds.
sad.gif
it''s sad.

So I was excited to find out that there is a local distributor of the HOF diamonds. I mostly just wanted to look at them, wasn''t particularly interested in purchasing a HOF, but in my renewed search for a diamond I figured it would be educational for me.

So we drive to the local mall store, only to find out that this store only has two (that''s right, 2) loose stones in their entire store. Both are their HOF display stones. That''s it.

I had also wanted to some in person color comparisons (compare a D to an F to a G). But this particular store only has J-K color stones preset into their rings (according to the salesperson).

Sad.

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
I've never seen a really well cut modern H&A diamond anywhere where I live in my local shops (UK) either. 'Well or ideal cut' seems to be a phrase unheard of over here. They're only just getting into having certificated diamonds! Ask for info on stuff like H&A, pavillion or crown angles, sarin reports etc and I'm sure they think you must be either a diamond thief or a rival diamond seller in disguise.
11.gif

It sucks.

karenb

Rough_Rock
Ive been having the same experiences here in Michigan. I went to a local store to look at their HOF stones. They only had a few and they were both J color. In fact, the one stone was .7, SI1, J color and priced at $5,000 !!!
nono.gif
Good thing I am an informed person...thanks to pricescope.

I havent been able to find a good variety of ideal cuts at local B&M's either. Even though I plan on buying mine online, I would still like to look at some for the learning experience.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Call around the local jewelers and ask if they are Diamond Brokers. I found a couple that I was able to visit. The diamond brokers had a variety of diamonds in varying levels of cut, color, and clarity so I could compare side by side.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results