shape
carat
color
clarity

Another LVMH luxury brand is embracing lab growns

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Paris-based Fred says it took years of research to develop its Audacious Blue lab growns now featured in its Force 10 Duality collection that comprising a $253,000 tie necklace, a bracelet, a ring and a 0.5-ct single earring that costs $53,000.

I've seen some incredibly well-cut diamonds in Fred rings - that's an incredible price they command. wow

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Karl,
Did I read correctly that Tiffany may be considering using lab diamonds? OMG!!!

yes it did and likely they will.
Tiffany these days is more of trinket peddler than high end.
The Tiffany of old is long dead and they have just been living on their former fame for a long time now.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
yes it did and likely they will.
Tiffany these days is more of trinket peddler than high end.
The Tiffany of old is long dead and they have just been living on their former fame for a long time now.

and LVMH says they've elevated the brand! Really, Mr. Arnault?

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Reminds me a little of the 'concept' cars they unveil at auto shows. It's more about PR and getting reactions.

It makes some sense to work lab grown into a high end brand around colored lab diamonds. You can make spectacular diamond jewelry that otherwise would not be possible - at any price. You can focus on cutting edge jewelry design as you are not limited by availability of the diamonds. But they are also seeking to get balance ("duality") by pairing them with natural colorless diamonds.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In time, lab created diamonds might be regarded the same way cultured pearls are regarded now.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
In time, lab created diamonds might be regarded the same way cultured pearls are regarded now.

Not as long as there is an ample supply of natural diamonds available.
Cultured pearls became the only game in town as natural pearls became virtually non-existent.
The future of lab created diamonds is likely to be more analogous to lab created colored gemstones.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Not as long as there is an ample supply of natural diamonds available.
Cultured pearls became the only game in town as natural pearls became virtually non-existent.
The future of lab created diamonds is likely to be more analogous to lab created colored gemstones.
Long term diamond mining is dead in my opinion, so if diamonds are still a thing then its going to be mmd.
I once predicted that as 50 years off but the rate of change has been far faster than I imagined.
So im going to say 25 years if not sooner.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results