shape
carat
color
clarity

Another looking for a blue akoya - who do I contact at PP?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie and anyone else who might have the inside track on this -

Add me to the list of those looking for a Vietnamese blue akoya pearl. I've been communicating with someone at Pearl Paradise called Inta, but she hasn't answered my 2 emails asking if it might be possible for PP to find something suitable over the next 8 months (my birthday is in June).

So I'm wondering if there might be someone else I could contact at PP - specifically someone involved in buying for the company, who could keep an eye out for me when they went to trade shows (or whatever - I'm pretty out of my depth on this, so I'm not really sure how it works).

If anyone has any contacts, could you let me know? I feel like I need an inside track on this to make any progress. Thanks everyone!

amoline

Shiny_Rock
Jeremy and Hisano do most all of the buying, I believe. You can actually email Jeremy directly- he has replied to me before and is always happy to help those looking for special and unique pearls. He's always gracious about replying :)

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
Do you want one pearl or a strand? I have a strand I'm willing to part with, but I've been waiting for someone to post an ISO on here / LT so as not to be too presumptuous (mods, please delete if this violates T&C). I'm going on a business trip tomorrow morning so I could list formally when I'm back, I suppose.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PP's website lists a contact phone number. See if you can talk to Jeremy directly. I agree he is very gracious and I am sure he will be responsive to your request.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I wonder if it might be worth asking Amy P to talk to Georges upstairs at Seven Seas, and see if he has anything suitable.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I wonder if it might be worth asking Amy P to talk to Georges upstairs at Seven Seas, and see if he has anything suitable.

Oh! I hadn't thought of that! I'll give it a shot. Thank you!

Pearl Paradise wasn't really able to help me and suggested Sea of Cortez pearls or abalone. Not what I want.

amoline

Shiny_Rock
Cees van Oije is a staple for these, too, so get in touch with him while you're at it.

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
For the last year or so the akoya oysters have not been producing decent blue pearls

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the last year or so the akoya oysters have not been producing decent blue pearls

@Pearlescence - I chatted to someone at your store a few days ago. :)) I bought a blue pearl pendant from you recently, loved it, wanted a bigger one, returned the first one, bought a second one, and am now waiting for it to arrive! Looking forward to seeing it hopefully soon!

And thank you for the info re the akoyas!

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That was you! Hi again.Hope it arrives soon (blue south sea pearl - a biggie baroque from memory)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was you! Hi again.Hope it arrives soon (blue south sea pearl - a biggie baroque from memory)

It's a cracker! I just sent you an email! Love it. <3

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results