shape
carat
color
clarity

Another little pretty Mali Garnet by Barry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you didn't notice, I went on a little gem shopping spree from various cutters. So here is a little pretty one 6 mm Mali Grandite garnet 1.04 carat from the Keyes. It is a fireball, and the picture on Barry's site didn't do the stone justice imo. But IRL it is so sparkly, the color is yellow ish with a green tint. Barry actually has one more a sister to this in size 5.5mm its not on his site but it was up at one point since I was contemplating between the two.

ETA:the stones don't have any inclusions to the naked eye, and it doesn't actually have those dark spots at all, the color is very uniform, but very hard to capture on camera.
without further ado. I just love Barry's cut!
First up, under incandescent lighting

gemsdt1 005.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
indoor.

maligarnet6.17.09 001.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

maligarnet6.17.09 006.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
up close

maligarnet6.17.09 005.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
outdoor

maligarnet6.17.09 002.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

maligarnet6.17.09 003.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
last one.

maligarnet6.17.09 004.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
and for the setting... this from jewelryhoo is one choice, haven''t thought about the metal color, I want the mali to shine and not blend into the metal. your thoughts?

jewelryhoosolitaire6prongformali1.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your Mali, the cut is gorgeous. Looks like it really sparkles too.
30.gif
30.gif
I like the setting.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
What a sparkler! Very pretty, congrats!
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very nice. So glad you got that mali! I was kicking around perhaps purchasing both little malis to try to make earrings (I was arguing to myself that one earlobe is a tiny bit smaller than the other, so the different size stones would be fine), but I knew that if I waited some nice PSer would buy one and remove the temptation.
9.gif

Thank you so much, and looking forward to hand pics of your new pretty.
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Linda, and Brandy, Thank you for your kind comments

Fly Girl -I wish you would have bought them, so it saved me from buying em''
9.gif
but I''m glad I got it, as it is a true sparkler, the dispersion on this is amazing and cannot translate on the camera
15.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
It''s awesome! It''s like my chrysoberyl. I''ll be interested to see what folks recommend for it as a setting since I''ve been tossing ideas about for my Barry yellow happy stone.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Cinnamon, It''s really hard to tell for this one on metal color. I put it next to my yellow gold ring, and it looks washed out like the color just clashed so not sure. I also saw a chrsyoberyl oval on his site, and that looked yummy too!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Really lovely!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
That''s a flashy little stone. I like it!!!!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like it prefers to be outdoors. Have you placed it next to a white metal setting to see if the colour is enhanced or if it brings out some undesireable undertone?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 7:18:14 PM
Author: Chrono
It looks like it prefers to be outdoors. Have you placed it next to a white metal setting to see if the colour is enhanced or if it brings out some undesireable undertone?

I agree! It looks lovely and lively outside.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
If it is anything like my chrysoberyl (and Barry says it is), then its just the pictures that don''t show liveliness. Indoors, it is likely a major sparkler too. The photos just can''t keep up!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I love it, just beautiful! The setting style is lovely.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats not only on the mali but on being able to take such good pictures of it!

mz

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stepcut, Amguy, Icekid, cinnamon, mochi, and MZ- thanks guys, it is a lively little fellow, and now, I might just have to get a chrysoberyl too
11.gif

Chrono, I actually like it with white gold, I''ve been playing with a couple of my white gold pieces and it brings out a little more of the green, but the yellow gold, it sort of blends in even though it is sparkly, it has some green tint to it, it sort of clashes with yellow gold
33.gif
, the color isn''t bold enough for a yellow gold setting imo. so White it is... Thanks everyone!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
If white doesen''t bring out any muddy (grey/brown) tones, and thats'' what you''d like, then go for it. It''s a lovely stone, especially under brighter lights.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/18/2009 11:31:59 AM
Author: ma re
If white doesen''t bring out any muddy (grey/brown) tones, and thats'' what you''d like, then go for it. It''s a lovely stone, especially under brighter lights.
thanks ma re, i know my pictures looks like there''s some brown dark icky undertone, but IRL the stone is quite bright. I think it''ll work white gold actually brings more of the green tint, which I"m totally fine with.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
green gold?

mz

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ahh MZ, I wish, actually that was my first thought as there was another poster who had green gold done recently from JA. But I don''t want to have to go custom as this is for a RHR.
7.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
D&T - Just for grins, try Pal at PMGART on Etsy. He may be able to do something custom for you that would be somewhat less than WF or BGD or someone in that category. The quality of my ring from him is astoundingly good and I''m getting a quote from him to make a ring for my chrysoberyl as we speak.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Oh WOW...I love this color.....AWESOME!!!!
30.gif

Lori

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cinnamon- ok i''ll check pn pmgart for sure, before i commit,
lori- thanks sweetie!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
just in case anyone wanted to see this LOGR setting with this garnet for color reference, although this particular setting will be housing my peridot from Gary.

maligarnet6.17.09yg 001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results