shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Another little antique treasure!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS, that is NOT "just a little ring!" :cheeky: It's beautiful, I love the metal-work. Antiques are the BEST!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Sylvie!

Kristy...it is always great to see you drop in here! You need to update us on what projects you've worked on lately!

audball

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful DS! I missed this back in October when you posted it. My sister is looking for something exactly.like.this! Let me know if you ever think you may part with it! :) :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1331959376|3150606 said:
It's beautiful DS! I missed this back in October when you posted it. My sister is looking for something exactly.like.this! Let me know if you ever think you may part with it! :) :)

Well, I might. I have a couple of projects in the works and could probably stand to sell a couple of things. Let me know if you see this and I can make a post in the pre-loved section or something. Do you know what size she wears?

audball

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1331990130|3150712 said:
audball|1331959376|3150606 said:

Well, I might. I have a couple of projects in the works and could probably stand to sell a couple of things. Let me know if you see this and I can make a post in the pre-loved section or something. Do you know what size she wears?
Interesting! :)

She needs to get sized to be sure, but she thinks she's around a 7.
I'm subscribed to this thread so I'll see any updates or posts you make here. I don't always check out the Preloved forum so if you post over there, let me know here!

If you want to discuss offline, I'm connected to vintagelover229 and I know you are too. I'm sure she wouldn't mind sharing my email with you. Thanks! :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball... My only concern is that she might think the ring is a little small for her finger. If you look back at my pictures, you can see that the ring just covers the top of my ring finger at 5.5, so I am not sure she would be happy with it. I really think she might want a little larger ring than this one since it is fairly dainty.

audball

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1332008785|3150896 said:
audball... My only concern is that she might think the ring is a little small for her finger. If you look back at my pictures, you can see that the ring just covers the top of my ring finger at 5.5, so I am not sure she would be happy with it. I really think she might want a little larger ring than this one since it is fairly dainty.
Maybe. I don't know if they'd be able to afford much bigger anyway. Particularly as a new piece. I emailed her the photos and she loved it.

If it turned out to not be what she wants, I'm sure with how beautiful it is it wouldn't be too hard to turn around. Do you think you'd be willing to part with it?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go ahead and tell VL that I said you can contact me. I am having company coming in any minute and more family here tomorrow, so it might be later tomorrow before I can reply. But I will check later on tonight, if I can, just to give you the info on the ring.

Are you aware that VL posted a thread in pre-loved looking for an antique ring for her father to give his future fiancee and I had a ring that they did end up getting? It would be so funny if your sister ended up with this ring! PriceScope is great for things like this!

audball

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1332016778|3150960 said:
Go ahead and tell VL that I said you can contact me. I am having company coming in any minute and more family here tomorrow, so it might be later tomorrow before I can reply. But I will check later on tonight, if I can, just to give you the info on the ring.

Are you aware that VL posted a thread in pre-loved looking for an antique ring for her father to give his future fiancee and I had a ring that they did end up getting? It would be so funny if your sister ended up with this ring! PriceScope is great for things like this!
I messaged her and asked her to share it with you. Hopefully she got it. I'll look out for a message from you when we both manage to get connected!

I am aware of VL's story with the other vintage ring! In that thread, Gypsy actually suggested another set from ebay that I LOVED. My BF and I were going to bid on it but by the time all our questions got answered, someone else bought it. We were so sad that I emailed Gypsy through one of her DB listings and she helped us find something else which is the OEC in my avatar. We're having it recut to enhance the girdle for safety and then it'll be reset.

It would be quite funny if my sister ended up with this ring! PS rocks.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1332041524|3151165 said:

I messaged her and asked her to share it with you. Hopefully she got it. I'll look out for a message from you when we both manage to get connected!

I am aware of VL's story with the other vintage ring! In that thread, Gypsy actually suggested another set from ebay that I LOVED. My BF and I were going to bid on it but by the time all our questions got answered, someone else bought it. We were so sad that I emailed Gypsy through one of her DB listings and she helped us find something else which is the OEC in my avatar. We're having it recut to enhance the girdle for safety and then it'll be reset.

Ha! What a great chain of events! Gypsy is a great help at finding these old stones! Your stone looks gorgeous!!! I think you were wise to get the girdle shaped up, and it will make a beautiful ring! If I don't hear from VL tomorrow, I will contact her, too, so we will eventually connect!

audball

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1332042347|3151169 said:
audball|1332041524|3151165 said:

Ha! What a great chain of events! Gypsy is a great help at finding these old stones! Your stone looks gorgeous!!! I think you were wise to get the girdle shaped up, and it will make a beautiful ring! If I don't hear from VL tomorrow, I will contact her, too, so we will eventually connect!
It certainly is! Gypsy is my hero. We have a stone that we could never have afforded at this point in our lives without her help. We are sooo excited to see it set. It's at BGD being recut right now and the it's back to Pearlmans to go to the designer for setting. WIth both of them having timelines of 4-6 weeks plus shipping between everyone, it'll probably be end of June, beginning of July before we have it back! The wait just may kill me ;-)

I messaged VL on Facebook. I do have her email but we've mostly communicated on FB so I started there. We'll get connected soon enough :)

Is the ring currently a 5.5? Do you think it could be resized to ~7 without much trouble?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My guess it that they would have to out a new shank on the lower half because it would probably be too thin otherwise. I had that done on the ring for VL's father and it cost $50.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Very attractive and the setting gives grate finger coverage!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results