shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Leon Mege topic - please post pictures:)

L

lydial

Hi everyone, please forgive the long post. I am new to this site and Wow I wish I had started looking at it before. Anyway, can any and all Leon Mege ring owners please post a few pictures of the UNDERSIDE of their ring under the center diamond? (is this called the gallery?)
LM is re-making my ring.
So, about this ring. I had reconstructive surgery on my left ring finger (ugh, never will wear a ring again) and decided to do something nice for myself to enjoy my e-ring on my right hand. I now wear my wedding band on my left middle finger and it looks pretty neat actually. \
so the Leon ring - it originally was supposed to be a re-set of my original engagment ring done this summer BUT due to a broken diamond (long story - moral of said story - do NOT try to cover any imperfections in any diamond girgle under a prong - recipe for disaster! likely fractured when first set 7 years ago, or wear and tear, hard to know), insurance claim processing time, prolonged search for a new center diamond including buying the wrong stone the first time (that I should have just entrusted to Perry at LM!!!!! but I got into a contract locally so I had to find something the hard way - ugh), the search for a decent local appraiser to ensure locally bought diamond was acceptable... now my ring is going to be made FINALLY.
Anyway, after reading recent threads.... before my work order gets done I realize I need to have an Exact Picture of what the ring will look like before we start. And, there are very few on his site. My ring will essentially be a 3-stone classic with the *new* RB center diamond and my *old* tapered baguettes, nothing fancy but hopefully classy. Specs: 1.58 H VS2 RB center, side stones G VS2 0.23 ct (each) tapered baguettes.
The Variables I need to decide upon are:
1. the prongs (I want double prongs on the center stone - opinions??)
2. the width of the shank (2 or 2.5 mm?? opinions?)
3. should the shank be rounded or knife edge? ring to be worn alone, right hand ring.
4. the gallery - should it be open work, or a straight shank with prongs coming out like a martini earing?
I want the center diamond to be the highlight and the dimensions to be appropriate. Note: I am normal sized but have huge hands and my ring size is 8 3/4.
Thanks to any and all who post pictures and who share their opinions. I truly appreciate it!

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
Hey Lydial, welcome to PS!

How great that you are getting yourself a RHR after your reconstructive surgery. I love the look of a classic 3-stone - especially with tapered baguettes. I'm sure it will be stunning.

Since you've been looking around PS, did you come across this thread with links to other LM rings? They probably have some pictures of LM galleries amongst all the other droolworthy shots: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-leon-mege-rings.149025/. However, I'd LOVE to see a dedicated collection of LM galleries also, since his website often doesn't show them.

Also, if I may piggyback onto this great topic, since it also concerns the gallery, I'd also be curious to know the HEIGHT of the center diamond in PSers' LM rings.
- Did you have your diamond set "as low as possible"?
- Did you specify the height otherwise? In millimeter range? Or descriptively (i.e. "Culet visible above the donut")?
- Are you generally happy with the height of the center stone in your LM ring?

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
lydial said:
The Variables I need to decide upon are:
1. the prongs (I want double prongs on the center stone - opinions??)
2. the width of the shank (2 or 2.5 mm?? opinions?)
3. should the shank be rounded or knife edge? ring to be worn alone, right hand ring.
4. the gallery - should it be open work, or a straight shank with prongs coming out like a martini earing?
I want the center diamond to be the highlight and the dimensions to be appropriate. Note: I am normal sized but have huge hands and my ring size is 8 3/4.
Thanks to any and all who post pictures and who share their opinions. I truly appreciate it!
Hi lydial. :wavey:

Thanks for posting and including us as you decide the details of your new ring! Here's my 2 cents:

1. The double claw prongs from LM are very delicate and nice, but so are his single prongs. This is a personal choice. I'm attaching photos of my setting that has double claws.

2 & 3. The width and shape of the shank depend on what you like and what looks good on your hand. Would you consider wearing your WB with your RH e-ring? If so, you may want to think about which width looks better with your WB. Have you ever tried a knife-edge ring on? Some people don't think they are comfortable against adjacent fingers - some people have no problems.

4. With a 3 stone ring, I can't quite envision a straight shank. I would imagine a gallery makes sense. I believe a gallery allows the stone to be set lower to your finger. There is a gallery in my split shank.

This setting may not be mine for much longer - I'm hoping to send it to JBEG, so I'll post about it while I still own it.

LMAsscherFSplit9a.jpg

L

lydial

thank you both! I found 3 galleries on one of the old posts that are appropriate for my ring so I will be able to communicate better with Leon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results