shape
carat
color
clarity

Another LB question!!

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
Hey guys,

As ye know I am on the lookout for a 1 carat round LB lab diamond. Im wondering if someone could explain the US sales taxes to me?

are they added to the advertised cost. So what I want is $1000, would sales tax be added to this?

I am in Ireland and I know there is a US forwarding service (Basically it gets sent to a US address and the company forward it to you!) available however if I was to order would I have to pay US sales taxes as well as customs duty coming in to Ireland?

That’s going to really jump the cost!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not an American so may well be wrong... ;-)

But I think you only pay sales tax directly if you are resident in the state you are buying from, but that you then have to declare it to your own state's government and pay it through them?? :???:

I'm not sure how that works if the ultimate destination is overseas - the interim step complicates things... lol

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
For US shoppers, yes, the sales tax is added on top of the $1,000 advertised price. I just put a $1,000 item in my cart at Bloomie’s and the estimated tax before putting in my address (states differ slightly) was $60. Hope that helps!

ls430FL

Rough_Rock
you are shipping out of the country so there should not be any sales tax but you may have to pay some sort of import fee or duty. Varies by country.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It varies by state. My kids in Oregon have no tax, I pay 7.25%.

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
This may be a bit late to the party, sorry. The import duty on diamonds to UK&I - lab-grown or otherwise - usually comes to about 20% of the total value of the purchase. Sometimes, even with the import duty, it can still be cheaper to buy from the States.

Last edited:

sprinklesparkles

Shiny_Rock
Tax depends on the state of the buyer, so you won't need to pay state sales tax.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results