shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Jeweler that is on par with LM

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
i had been meaning to post this...

When i had my rings appraised by David Wolf he had told me that there is another jeweler in NYC that is on par with LM's craftsmanship.

his name is Marek Ostasz , and this is his website :

http://www.ostaszstudio.com/jewelrycollection.html

perhaps this will give everyone another option other than LM when considering a custom piece. David told me that Cartier and HW constantly send rings over to his studio for repairs and resizing.

as you can see, his jewelry collection really resembles LM's work... pave, claw prongs, even shanks are very much alike ....

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to know Frankie, I bookmarked his site. Thanks!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice... but IMHO, not quuuuiiiite up to Leon. But still beautious. Cool of you to post this.

kennedy

Shiny_Rock
I can add another jeweler who is definitely on par with LM. 23rd Street Jewelers in California has 4 bench jewelers working for them. One in particular (based out of Chino, I believe) does the most phenomenal pave work I have ever seen. Apparently, his pieces take a few months to complete, but I have never in my life seen such finely done work. The problem with 23rd Street, of course, is that they are very expensive -- definitely more than Leon -- but I don't think for one moment that Leon is the only jeweler capable of producing beautiful handmade jewelry. He might, however, be amongst the most reasonably priced for the work he produces.

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
oh wow, same building as Leon !! :o

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
wow, Steven Kirsch's pieces are stunning... i'm giving him a call tomorrow :devil: :devil: :devil:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good to know indeed. Think Marek's work is a bit chunkier than Leon's and his profiles aren't nearly as interesting. The work looks pretty from the top but a bit blah from the profile. He doesn't look like he has Leon's imagination. Or the fluid lines.

But for the slew of people who want the Adrianna setting. Good choice. Or for three stones.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
frankiextah|1296801150|2842664 said:
wow, Steven Kirsch's pieces are stunning... i'm giving him a call tomorrow :devil: :devil: :devil:

I emailed him for a qoute already too! I am following it up with a call tomorrow-- if I can find the time. I agree that his stuff rocks. His gallery work and the profiles of his rings are beautiful too. And the lines are super graceful. Hope he ends up being really awesome.

Frankie, let me know what you think when you talk to him? And I'll do the same if I talk to him?

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
ooh gypsy, great minds think alike ! :naughty:

i think everyone's at the gem show through the weekend so i will call to see if i can make an appt. in NYC during the week (i definitely want to check out his work before committing)... i will definitely let you know !! i also live 10 city blocks away from his studio so let me know if i can be of some kind of help !

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY. Will do Frankie. I didn't remember about the gem show, but should have! Thanks so much!

I'd love one of your 'in-depth expose reporting' style reviews of meeting him. You do a great job writing and making everything so clear, funny and real.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
frankiextah|1296801150|2842664 said:

My boyfriend and I are looking to have our AVC set with frenchies going down the sides like that of Angietaren, MissyDebby, Wintotty, and Lovestreet. I wonder if he could do a piece like that ?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
frankie-side topic but did David appraise your Michael b ring? just curious what his thoughts were if so. I know he's a tough appraiser (in a good way.)

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
now that you've asked i feel compelled to answer .... he told me that the craftsmanship resemble the ones he's seen that is pre-fabricated ... he did specify that the "un-eveness" of the bead set shows that it is hand-made, but definitely not with the top notch craftsmanship ... well, compared to the LM ring i brought along ... :sick:

my michael B is 2X the price as the LM ring ... now i feel a little sick ... :knockout:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
frankiextah|1296861353|2843381 said:
now that you've asked i feel compelled to answer .... he told me that the craftsmanship resemble the ones he's seen that is pre-fabricated ... he did specify that the "un-eveness" of the bead set shows that it is hand-made, but definitely not with the top notch craftsmanship ... well, compared to the LM ring i brought along ... :sick:

my michael B is 2X the price as the LM ring ... now i feel a little sick ... :knockout:

Don't feel too bad. You know something similar from Leon would've cost probably four times as much as you did pay, and it wouldn't have been *that* setting that you fell in love with - remember, you did fall in love with it!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
frankiextah|1296861353|2843381 said:

interesting! Please don't feel bad. Your ring is absolutely stunning and the design is one of a kind. Thank you for answering as well.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I wrote to Steve a few days ago .. still no response. I would actually happily go to Leon but I don't think he will agree to making me the band I want.

Just checked out Marek Ostasz and agreed with others .. work is good but not as delicate as Leon.

Kennedy - Agreed about that one bench for 23rd. I have been looking high and low to figure out who he is .. but no luck. His work is outstanding ... dare say better than Leon.

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
People are still coming home from Tucson. Hopefully thats the reason for laggy emails.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results