shape
carat
color
clarity

Another HPD/CBI Journey

maysviller

Rough_Rock
Hello,

Let me preface this post by saying how amazing this community is. I've lost track of how many hours I've lost late at night deeply reading into posts and all the contributions from everyone. Thank you, thank you everyone.

I've been on the search for an ideal cut 2 carat, H stone for an engagement ring and fell in love infinity diamonds through HPD. I originally had my eye set out with a local jeweler, but was convinced not to and back to the beginning we went.

Worked closely with Layla and honed in on two stones to be sent to Bill in New York for further inspection. It's been a joy working with Layla (and a bit of Wink also) on this fun (but terrifying) journey to find the right engagement ring for my significant other.

Layla also sent a third mystery stone to compare with the two that were sent. It was as clear as possible and I was convinced it was a G face-up. Turns out it was an I stone and got a few chuckles out of Bill.

After agonizing for a day, decided to go with the stone below. It was a CBI 2.01 H SI2 due to the twinning wisps. (Wink's/HPD video attached. Apologies in advance if this isn't allowed). I didn't have any issues with it in person and thought it was an unbelievable stunner. Bill even mentioned his surprise at the SI2 rating. Many thanks to Wink and Layla for picking this out especially for me.

http://handshake2.jivesystems.com/videos/8395alov11?tag=123370

As my girlfriend wanted as close to the tiffany 6 prong possible, Layla helped me decide on their NY style 6 prong platinum setting, with extra care to make sure the prongs would be just right.

All paid for and now I'm in the agonizing wait period. Is it possible that I'm more excited to see the end product than my gf?

Hope to share some photos of the final product. Thank you again everyone, and especially to Layla, Wink, and Bill.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Layla and Wink are two of my favourite diamond people, more of my favourite diamond people are from CBI - how can you go wrong???

You can't! I don't blame you for being excited, it's very exciting and that's one superb diamond! Even I'M excited!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous diamond! I am a huge fan of eye-clean SI2s (I have one myself) and I am happy that you were able to find the right stone for your and your SO! Looking forward to seeing pictures of the completed ring!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to the family! I have a HPD G SI2 and I have never found the inclusions with my naked eye. Not with a 10x loupe either and I haven't felt like performance is hindered.

I can't wait to see hand shots!!!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How FUN!!! It makes or breaks the experience when you work with people who are kind, professional and knowledgeable. And it helps that the product is spectacular! You got all those things and I don't blame you for being very, very, very excited. Please come back after you propose and show us pictures :mrgreen2: :P2!!!

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
:love: :love: :love: It's gonna be lovely!
--Classic--
Looking forward to seeing hand shots

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to the CBI/HPD club! You made a great choice, can't wait to see the ring. Just wait till you get it, your heart is going to stop for a few moments....

egemnoel

Shiny_Rock
Hi Maysviller, I am very happy for you and not surprised you are delighted. Not only have you one of the best cut diamonds but the service and confidence in HPD / CBI that goes along with it. When you read some of the online horror stories, you wonder why people put themselves through this.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This will be spectacular and I can’t wait for pics. Congratulations on making a great choice.

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hello Maysviller, thank you so much for the kind post. I had a great time working with you! I’d also like to thank Bill at Diamond One in New York publicly. He’s a long-time Crafted by Infinity partner who enthusiastically helps our clients in and around the Big Apple. I’m glad you were able to see our diamond lineup in person with him, and delighted the “mystery stone” exercise served an illuminating purpose. You can read about the positive influence of cut-quality on face-up color, but there is really no substitute for seeing it in-person.

Thank you again and I can't wait till your lady sees her ring. She is going to be thrilled with it, especially since you got her input and we know exactly what she wants. :wavey:

maysviller

Rough_Rock
It's been amazing with you Layla! You've been such a great partner on this journey.

------

Today's the day! After bothering Layla nonstop for updates, she had something for me! Hoping to receive this wonderful item soon.

I also requested a favor from Wink to memorialize getting a ring with his amazing, soothing (haha) voice in a video!

Hope to have more updates once the proposal happens! Have a great day everyone.

Chong Lee, CBI, Wolf-1.jpg Chong Lee, CBI, Wolf-2.jpg
http://handshake2.jivesystems.com/videos/50qum3h4dp?tag=123370

Attachments

• Chong Lee, CBI, Wolf-2.jpg
    Chong Lee, CBI, Wolf-2.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Chong Lee, CBI, Wolf-1.jpg
    Chong Lee, CBI, Wolf-1.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 38

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's been amazing with you Layla! You've been such a great partner on this journey.

------

Today's the day! After bothering Layla nonstop for updates, she had something for me! Hoping to receive this wonderful item soon.

I also requested a favor from Wink to memorialize getting a ring with his amazing, soothing (haha) voice in a video!

Hope to have more updates once the proposal happens! Have a great day everyone.

Chong Lee, CBI, Wolf-1.jpg Chong Lee, CBI, Wolf-2.jpg
http://handshake2.jivesystems.com/videos/50qum3h4dp?tag=123370

GORGEOUS!!!!! :love:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful solitaire!!:love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful - congrats!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love::love::love:

I love a classic solitaire!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A beautiful classic solitaire will never go out of style..:love: not even 100 yrs from now.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful :love:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's absolutely smashing!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results