shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Happy DanielM Customer

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
I've been waiting and waiting and waiting to make this post. For the past few months, I've been working with DanielM (and his wife Caren) on Etsy on a few projects. Thanks to all the lovely PSers that have posted their projects, and introduced me to Etsy! :love:

First, I ordered 3 of his famous "Rainbow" bezels, since so many of the ladies here have given them as Bridesmaid gifts. I had a 6mm Amethyst one made for my sister, since purple is her favorite color. I had a 6mm Swiss Blue Topaz one made for my cousin, since blue is her favorite color. And I had an 8mm Mozambique Garnet one made for my FMIL, since red is her favorite color.

After I received those, I had them make me a matching 8mm Mozambique Garnet Bezel Ring to go with the bezel necklace for my FMIL.

After that, I had them make a bracelet with 4.5mm stones (2 Aquamarines and 2 Citrines) in a cinch bezel design, for my Mom. My mom and I share Aquamarine as our birthstone, and my Dad and sister share Orange Topaz/Citrine as their birthstones, so that's how I came up with the idea.

I can't wait to give these as gifts. I really hope all the recipients love them as much as I do.

I've attached pictures that Caren took of the finished products, since her pictures are much better than I can take anyways. I am definitely a life-customer of DanielM Jewelry now!

bracelet3.jpg

necklaces2.jpeg

ring1.jpeg

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
What beautiful and thoughtful gifts! I'm sure they'll love them!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
they are so lovely! i'm considering the bezels as a bm gift. i need to decide soon. what was your time from actually placing the order to receiving the necklaces, if you don't mind sharing?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love them S&I - especially the bracelet!!

I was considering having them make bracelets, so I'm excited to see they turned out so well for you :bigsmile:

They're going to adore them!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Glad to see another set of those pop up in BWW! Great choices and awesome stones! Your BMs will love them.

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Love Daniel M!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Very nice and thoughtful.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks lucyandroger! I really enjoyed working on these projects.

Thanks lulu66! Let's see...they listed my custom order for the bezel necklaces on June 2nd, and I had all 3 of them by June 8th. It also took an additional 2-3 days for them to source the bigger garnet stone, so if you're thinking of just ordering one of their normally stocked stone choices, it should be even faster!

Thanks yssie! Yes, that bracelet turned out even better than I'd imagined. I just love how thorough of a job Caren does with her communications. She was a pleasure to work with, and I'm definitely keeping them in mind for future projects.

Thanks claritek! If you remember, you were the one who introduced me to DanielM from one of your posts, and I just had to copy your bridesmaid gifts!

Thanks jax172! I love DanielM too, and I'm looking forward to more future projects with them.

Thanks oddoneout! I think my bridesmaids and mothers will really appreciate the gesture too.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Really beautiful pieces! How thoughtful. ::)

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
:love: DanielM. I was sad to give away my bridesmaids gifts, wish I had gotten something for myself. That bracelet is especially lovely!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks tuckins1! I would never have known about DanielM and Etsy if it weren't for this awesome forum!

Thanks stephb0lt! I'm thinking I should have them make something for me to wear on my wedding day too. :halo:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I am loving all of the pieces, especially that aqua and citrine GBTY-style bracelet!!! :love: :love: :love:

DanielM scores again!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks vc10um! The bracelet is probably my favorite too, and also took the longest to make. But it was definitely worth the wait!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
S&I those are awesome! Who wouldn't love to get one of those!!! You have just given me a idea for some stones I have been eyeing, great gifts.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks decogirl! Keep us posted on what you'll be doing with your stones. :naughty:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
S&I - could I ask you more about the bracelet?

Specifically, if you had them use stock cinch bezels or if they handmade them, what sizes the stones are, and if you could post a wristshot or two?

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Sure yssie - I believe they hand-made the cinch bezels, mostly because you can ever so slightly tell that they are not all perfectly and exactly the same. I used 4.5mm stones, with a 2.8mm chain because I didn't want it to be too dainty. They also have 1mm (which they advised against), 1.4mm, and 1.7mm chains. I also requested that the bracelet be 6.5 inches long.

Here's a pic of it on Caren's wrist, since I haven't taken any pics of my own.

Feel free to ask more questions. I'm actually thinking about getting another bracelet made for myself now. :devil: I just can't seem to stop! :love:

bracelet4.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the info! It's beautiful :sun:

My concern was that the stock bezels wouldn't close fully where they pinch together, or would do so awkwardly like so many generic stock pieces - these look very nicely done though, whatever they did that's what I'd want them to do for me too! ::) I really want one in rose gold, with pale pink tourms or something - the stone size you chose is lovely, maybe just a hair smaller..

The wheels are turning... :devil:

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
If you decide to get a bracelet made, you could always tell them that you want one like the custom bracelet that they just made for Sandy of SandyAndIsaac! :bigsmile: I'm sure Caren will remember.

A rose gold bracelet would be lovely! Maybe the 1.7mm chain would look a little better with slightly smaller stones? Can't wait to see what you come up with though!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie, I just confirmed with Dan that the bezels are hand-made. ::)

His response was:
"As far as the cinch bezels go they were completely handmade. We don't use any stock or premade parts for any of our jewelry projects other than posts and backs for earrings. All rings, shanks, basket heads and bezels etc are completely hand made."

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a thinner chain too, I like the proportions of stone/chain on yours, and I'd want something that matches my existing dbty which has 3mm stones I believe..

Thanks for confirming with Caren though! I'm sure a lot of people will find that info useful :)) :halo:

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
sandyandisaac said:
Thanks lucyandroger! I really enjoyed working on these projects.

Thanks lulu66! Let's see...they listed my custom order for the bezel necklaces on June 2nd, and I had all 3 of them by June 8th. It also took an additional 2-3 days for them to source the bigger garnet stone, so if you're thinking of just ordering one of their normally stocked stone choices, it should be even faster!

Thanks yssie! Yes, that bracelet turned out even better than I'd imagined. I just love how thorough of a job Caren does with her communications. She was a pleasure to work with, and I'm definitely keeping them in mind for future projects.

Thanks claritek! If you remember, you were the one who introduced me to DanielM from one of your posts, and I just had to copy your bridesmaid gifts!

Thanks jax172! I love DanielM too, and I'm looking forward to more future projects with them.

Thanks oddoneout! I think my bridesmaids and mothers will really appreciate the gesture too.

I just saw one of the pendants in action in person today! My friend wears her peridot one often since its her birthstone and matches a ring she has. I just started conversing with them about another project! It never gets old seeing their pieces pop up on PS!

mini threadjack-
Yssie- You mentioned a DBTY bracelet with 3 mm stones. About what carat weight are those stones, if you don't mind me asking. I'm entertaining adding in some small bezeled diamonds into a necklace I want them to craft for me. Trying to decide how small is too small for DBTY.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine has 5 10pointers, which are supposed to be about 3mm each but with the bezel they look quite a bit bigger. It's a great size - discreet, but big enough that they sparkle..

I don't have any pics at the moment though, so I guess that's not very helpful, sorry :sick:

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Yssie said:
Mine has 5 10pointers, which are supposed to be about 3mm each but with the bezel they look quite a bit bigger. It's a great size - discreet, but big enough that they sparkle..

I don't have any pics at the moment though, so I guess that's not very helpful, sorry :sick:

No its very helpful! Thanks for the information!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Can't wait to see what you come up with Clairitek!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks OUpeargirl! Your DanielM piece in your profile pic is lovely too! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results