shape
carat
color
clarity

Another H & A HCA question please....

Maggiemeans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I know I can research this and find the answer..but my time is limited at the moment and I am trying to help my future BIL out. If someone could double check this stone for me I would appreciate it.
if something is Hearts & Arrows.. and is not a brand like ACA or CBI, does it state this on the GIA or is it only when it's branded that the report will state this?

I am thinking anyone can cut a H&A correct?

If I do the HCA the result is either 1.6 or 1.8 depending on whether or not I select H & A... i am trying to find the info on how to read the results, but I think this is means its ideal for a ring? I am thinking this looks really good, but would appreciate insight since i have focused more on other cuts instead of rounds. All of the assets look good. I am aware of the medium Flour.. but I am thinking that should be okay, dependent on visual inspection? Thank you!!

1641986908122.png 1641986942179.png

1641986443591.png 1641986540963.png

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nothing is h&a unless they show you actual heart and arrow images(sometimes aset or IS images are used for the arrow view.) to prove it.

The numbers work well together and the IS and ASET images look great.
The cutter was smart to cut the stars to 45% with that crown angle and table size.
That shows that someone cared how it will turn out in the planning stage.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
If the report ends in 7847, then here's your diamond:

Maggiemeans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Nothing is h&a unless they show you actual heart and arrow images(sometimes aset or IS images are used for the arrow view.) to prove it.

The numbers work well together and the IS and ASET images look great.
The cutter was smart to cut the stars to 45% with that crown angle and table size.
That shows that someone cared how it will turn out in the planning stage.

so is one of the images showing the arrows? is just the hearts image that's missing?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
so is one of the images showing the arrows? is just the hearts image that's missing?

yes both IS and aset images show the arrows.
Need an actual heart image from an h&a viewer to judge the hearts.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Found this 1.37 I VS1 AGS000 for about $1000 less, if my hunch about the seller of the 1.41 is correct.

137 I VS1 HCA.png

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If that stone is not H&A's it does not matter - it will be as good or better than the vast majority of stones with H&A's

Garry, could you please elaborate? That is a pretty broad assertion based on the info provided. The light maps appear to be computer generated from the cert data, not from an actual scan.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Garry, could you please elaborate? That is a pretty broad assertion based on the info provided. The light maps appear to be computer generated from the cert data, not from an actual scan.

Bryan there are tiny variances - if this is from a scan then it is a very high quality scan. If it is from a scammer then we need to know who the dealer is and warn others.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Bryan there are tiny variances - if this is from a scan then it is a very high quality scan.
That it is generated from a high quality scan is my take on it also.

Maggiemeans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have been a member of this board a long time.. off and on maybe 12+ years.. previously had another user name long ago... I say this to support that the dealer is someone you all know and is reputable and active on the board. Being that this purchase is for my future BIL and not me, I am not comfortable sharing details such as who the dealer is and the Cert #.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I say this to support that the dealer is someone you all know and is reputable and active on the board. Being that this purchase is for my future BIL and not me, I am not comfortable sharing details such as who the dealer is and the Cert #.

Totally respect that.

Maggiemeans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
so future BIL continues to do his diligence...
he is looking at some other stones.. they are GIA graded Triple Excellent lab grown
.. HCA resulted in .9 for 1 and .7 for the other. I did NOT select H&A's as we have not seen a hearts scan. so here is a basic question.. if they are GIA triple Excellent (no higher grading) shouldn't they result in a score between 1 and 2 on HCA?

since the HCA does not take into account girdle..... doesn't this matter?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
he is looking at some other stones.. they are GIA graded Triple Excellent lab grown
.. HCA resulted in .9 for 1 and .7 for the other. I did NOT select H&A's as we have not seen a hearts scan. so here is a basic question.. if they are GIA triple Excellent (no higher grading) shouldn't they result in a score between 1 and 2 on HCA?

GIA triple excellent encompasses a very wide range, and some may even score over 2 and be rejected by the HCA. If the stones he looked at scored 0.9 and 0.7, then they're worth a further look. Can he ask for Ideal-Scope images?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Not necessarily...GIA Excellent encompasses a very broad range that can result in a diamond that has very unfavorable proportions and angles.

GIA Excellent Range.png
(credit: Whiteflash)

EDIT: haha... @Kim N and I are thinking alike, again!

Maggiemeans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the response @Kim N and @DejaWiz so say you want to make sure to get a stone that would score between 1 and 2 , do you keep checking with your vendor or is there a way to specify the range that will get the HCA result between 1 and 2? Also he saw them both IRL and really liked them.. I have not seen.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@Maggiemeans there is a great resource here on PS. "All Around" to "Fiery Balanced" ranges would probably be your best bet.

Maggiemeans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
GIA triple excellent encompasses a very wide range, and some may even score over 2 and be rejected by the HCA. If the stones he looked at scored 0.9 and 0.7, then they're worth a further look. Can he ask for Ideal-Scope i
I really appreciate your help @DejaWiz and @Kim N I am going to work this weekend on the details against the chart @DejaWiz attached.

i snipped these images.... so i am not sure that affects how sharp they appear. i think the 2.15 was the .7 on HCA and the 2.53 was the .9.

first one is a 2.15
1643371518662.png 1643371575803.png 1643371622117.png

second one is 2.53
1643371750724.png 1643371792219.png 1643371838502.png

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really appreciate your help @DejaWiz and @Kim N I am going to work this weekend on the details against the chart @DejaWiz attached.

i snipped these images.... so i am not sure that affects how sharp they appear. i think the 2.15 was the .7 on HCA and the 2.53 was the .9.

first one is a 2.15
1643371518662.png 1643371575803.png 1643371622117.png

second one is 2.53
1643371750724.png 1643371792219.png 1643371838502.png

These are both very well cut! If he's working with the vendor I'm thinking of, then these stones will have been thoroughly vetted, and either one would be a great choice.

Maggiemeans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
on the HCA results... what does "within TIC range" mean?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results