shape
carat
color
clarity

Another friend is getting engaged: stone guidance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
I posted a week ago about a male friend who is getting engaged and you all were kind enough to supply some stone recs. He just bought a BDG round and setting and is anxiously awaiting the ring. Now I have a girl friend who is just engaged and her boyfriend has given her the go ahead to find a stone. Her budget is 25,0000 to 40,000 but she would like to keep it at 30. She is very tall and had long long slender hands. She wants top quality cut. (I have educated her but she wants size too). Minimum color H and minimum clarity si1. Based on my my advice she really would like a G but she would like as big as possible. Any recs are appreciated. (She wants a solitaire in a classic Tiffany style setting so the setting wont be too costly)

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
shape?

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
oops round!

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
my friend doesnt seem to be aware of the color differences. Personally I couldnt go below an E. Its excruciatingly noticeable to me. However, I have an EC. If she gets an H, I dont want someone to be critical of it as a lower color...thoughts?

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 11:59:39 PM
Author: bgray
my friend doesnt seem to be aware of the color differences. Personally I couldnt go below an E. Its excruciatingly noticeable to me. However, I have an EC. If she gets an H, I dont want someone to be critical of it as a lower color...thoughts?

i am bumping this because i need some advice on how to recommend a color that i probably wouldnt go with

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2010 3:33:18 PM

i am bumping this because i need some advice on how to recommend a color that i probably wouldnt go with
Hi B!

Its a big stone she is wanting and although great cutting will help a stone face up perhaps a little whiter for the colour grade, an H colour will still be white but not as icy white as a colourless stone.

I would perhaps look at F or G colour and go a little smaller?

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/27/2010 3:51:15 PM
Author: Lorelei

Hi B!

Its a big stone she is wanting and although great cutting will help a stone face up perhaps a little whiter for the colour grade, an H colour will still be white but not as icy white as a colourless stone.

we are going to do some comparison shopping--keep you posted and thank you!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2010 3:53:40 PM

Date: 3/27/2010 3:51:15 PM
Author: Lorelei

Hi B!

we are going to do some comparison shopping--keep you posted and thank you!
You are welcome!

I found this one, its on the higher end qualitywise, F colour and VS clarity, also it hits the top end of the budget but I thought I would post it anyway as another option

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-1040391440002

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
okay-thanks so much. i am printing these all out for her to see...........!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2010 5:10:20 PM
okay-thanks so much. i am printing these all out for her to see...........!
You are welcome B, Stephan and I are happy to help!

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Okay anyone have any knowledge of a really nice version of the Cartier 1895 setting? my friend would like that style--graduated bead set stones down the sides-low set head.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
please advise on this stone: how does it look based on the paper specs?

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-details/?product_id=26462898

php413Iw9PM.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results