shape
carat
color
clarity

Another eternity ring question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rob9874

Rough_Rock
Eternity owners, how did you deal with the concern of changing ring size later in life, and not being able to resize it? (Assuming your ring is like the one I''m looking at, where the design is continuous and resizing is impossible.)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
some eternity bands can be sized just a little bit. I chose one b/c I''ve already had kids and don''t have reason to expect my ring size to change at this point. I love a full eternity so i guess i''ll cross that bridge when I get there if I need to resize. many folks here opted for a half or 3/4 eternity b/c of the sizing issue.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have three choices, buy a full eternity knowing that someday you might not be able to wear it, buy one with a sizing area just in case, or buy it too big and use sizing beads to allow for future growth. I wore the same rings without sizing for at least 25 years, but eventually my metabolism changed and I gained a few pounds causing my rings to need to be sized. So I am personally very scared to commit to a full eternity.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rob, sorry to threadjck, but I have a question about eternity bands too and there''s been a lot on here about them recently. Are the diamonds on the underneath side in danger of being crushed or damaged, since they''re the ones knocking into things, etc? I''ve wondered about the sizing issue too.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Just got mine made a little on the loose side. There is always the chance I will not be able to wear it someday however. That is the chance you take with a full eternity.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Well, let's see... my eternity is not what you would call really "snug." But it was important for it to fit over my knuckle.. Anyway, as of this month, I am closer to 50 than 40, and have two teenagers, and my rings have fit pretty much the same forever. But, again, I can't stand a snug ring. I get a feeling of peace with this ring; it is symmetrical, it is timeless, it speaks volumes without trying too hard, it compliments or stands alone, and no matter how it swings or twirls or sways, I always look down and see diamonds. Now, I wear a size 6 and my daughter wears a 7, so I do kid her about passing the ring down to her children. I figure it can be carefully shaved on the interior, or sizing balls added, as needed. But, for the next 50 years or so (lol) I plan to be wearing it. That's what it's for.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
...and about the worry about crushing part...well, I have developed a 6th sense of protection. I grab things like metal stair rails and handles with the balls of my fingers and palm, not squeezing too hard-it comes naturally. Also, I have that same sense when I am splashing water on my face--you kind of have to watch and not scratch yourself. But, I have been able to work around all that and really don''t pay any attention any more-I guess I have incorporated these compensatory behaviours into everything I do. It''s not that big a deal.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree...you do have to be careful not to bang the underside of the ring when you grab handles, knobs, etc.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Rob, I just committed to an eternity ring - it hasn''t arrived yet. The way I thought about it was it''s a good excuse for an upgrade!
1.gif

Seriously, we bought one from Memoire and they told us they would help us if my finger changed size. They offer full inflated value on their rings when you want to upgrade.

I love the look of a full eternity, so I''m willing to take the chance when the company policies are so good.

Rob9874

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone. I bought it today. We went over during our lunch hours, and I got there before she did, to pay for it. Then when she arrived, she thought we were just sizing for a future purchase, sometime down the road.

The size 5 display fit her, but she has straight fingers, no knuckles (the jeweler said she''s lucky!), so it slides on and off rather easily. It doesn''t fall off her finger, but there''s little effort to get it off. The jewler recommended a size 4.5 or 4.75, but she''s really concerned about a weight gain later in life, where the ring won''t fit. And the 4.5 was very snug. So we went with the 5, knowing that we can have sizing beads installed if it does feel too loose after it arrives. Thanks for the advice.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
9.gif
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2007 7:57:09 PM
Author:Rob9874
Eternity owners, how did you deal with the concern of changing ring size later in life, and not being able to resize it? (Assuming your ring is like the one I'm looking at, where the design is continuous and resizing is impossible.)
I bought a half eternity.
9.gif
Not trying to be snarky, that's really why I got the half - I wanted a decent bit of wiggle room.

I'm glad it fit her!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 4:52:05 PM
Author: Rob9874
Thanks everyone. I bought it today. We went over during our lunch hours, and I got there before she did, to pay for it. Then when she arrived, she thought we were just sizing for a future purchase, sometime down the road.

The size 5 display fit her, but she has straight fingers, no knuckles (the jeweler said she''s lucky!), so it slides on and off rather easily. It doesn''t fall off her finger, but there''s little effort to get it off. The jewler recommended a size 4.5 or 4.75, but she''s really concerned about a weight gain later in life, where the ring won''t fit. And the 4.5 was very snug. So we went with the 5, knowing that we can have sizing beads installed if it does feel too loose after it arrives. Thanks for the advice.
This sounds like a good solution. Sizing balls or a horseshoe sizer on the inside will be pretty effective in fixing it in case it''s too big and can be easily removed later down the road. Congrats on your purchase, I hope you come back with some pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results