shape
carat
color
clarity

another EGL israel question.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

griswolds53

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, and thanks for running a very informative forum. My question, which does appears is a fairly common one, concerns EGL Israel. I recently bought an engagement ring, kind of on a whim from a jeweler in the Clark building in Pittsburgh, PA (I was just going to look! ). To make a long story short. I bought one diamond but did not like the shape, it is a princess cut that was more rectangular than square. This was an EGL-USA diamond. They had no problem letting me return the diamond, and now I have a H color S1 princess cut (1.01 Carat) with a table and depth that falls within the “recommended” guidelines I looked at on this site, and is “good” rated in polish and symmetry. It is an EGL Israel diamond that checks out on EGL international’s site. The diamond to my untrained eye looks very clear and is set in white gold, and has no appearance of yellow. I guess what I am asking, for my piece of mind (or to make me worry more) is that the diamond was graded in December of 2007. All of the posts concerning Israel appear to me a few years old. Has the grading procedure been tightened or is my stone really an I-J? If it is I would be ok with it. He did not rob me in the deal, selling me for the diamond for $3000 out the door, mounted and sized. I really did not want to give her a diamond that is rated any lower. He is a family jeweler and my brother bought his ring there 17 years ago. He showed me 5-6 different diamonds, they varied from EGl-USA , EGL, and he had a GIA rated diamond. They were all within 400 dollars of each other. With the GIA rated stone being more expensive but with a better color as well. I guess I should have researched before I bought, but was trusting that all labs were reputable. Anyways, thanks for at least reading!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome!

The only way to tell what you actually have is with an independant appraisal, here is a tool you can use to find an appraiser in your area. But the main thing is if you like the diamond, and you paid a fair price.

https://www.pricescope.com/appr_list.aspx

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
First, congrats on the ring. :)

Second, I''m not really sure what your question is. Did you get a good deal? If i do a search for a stone with your specs and EGL certs, then yes you got a good deal with the setting.
If you''re asking if it''s really an H SI1, there''s no way anyone can tell other than an apprasier.
If the stone looks good to you in various types of lighting, just enjoy your purchase.

griswolds53

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your replies! I wasnt so much looking to see if I got a deal or not. I just wanted to see what I really got is an H stone or a J stone. I just feel like my future wife deserves a better stone than a J stone, and I am not a professional by any means, so I dont know what to look for. The stone looks nice and clear to me...so I guess I should just enjoy it.
emsmile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results